Gabba WS Short Sleeve Jersey

Brian B
Brian B Posts: 2,071
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
Over the years I have been searching for the perfect top/long sleeve jersey which in the summer months could handle the varying temperatures of the chilly morning starts to afternoon highs and will also give some protection of wind/rain. Bearing in mind that up north even in the summer we rarely get above 20c and the average is around 17c.

I have just purchased the Castelli Gabba and it will tick all the above. I'm normally kitted out in Assos but this jersey is fantastic bit of kit and purchased the arm warmers to make it even more versatile.
Brian B.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Gabba is the nuts.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • It really is a stunning bit of design and has taken the place of a number of other pieces of clothing in my wardrobe. Sure it's not cheap but for something of you can wear in a large range in condition it's really money well spent. I'm a big fan Castelli gear in general especially the body paint shorts.
  • Is the short sleeve gabba suitable for the warmer weather? Ie are they warmer than normal cycling tops?
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Stu517
    Stu517 Posts: 41
    It really is a stunning bit of design and has taken the place of a number of other pieces of clothing in my wardrobe. Sure it's not cheap but for something of you can wear in a large range in condition it's really money well spent. I'm a big fan Castelli gear in general especially the body paint shorts.

I couldn't agree more, it's a fantastic bit of kit.

It can be worn on its own with a Baselayer or over another top.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I think it is fine for temperatures below 18C certainly too warm above 20C. At least for me. It is warmer than other non windproof jerseys.
  • Is the short sleeve gabba suitable for the warmer weather? Ie are they warmer than normal cycling tops?

It is warmer than other jerseys that I have but even yesterday when it was around sunny 20 degrees on the UK south coast I didn't feel too hot wearing it without a base layer.

If conditions get cooler I stick on the awesome Nanoflex arm warmers and that's more than enough warmth for the UK in spring.

Like a lot of people I was sceptical about spending such a large amount on a jersey but I was never a fan of going out in a jacket unless absolutely necessary and the Gabba mean's I get away without needing the jacket in all but the wettest/coldest conditions.