It’s the way my brain works

sufferingpete
sufferingpete Posts: 524
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
On Wednesday night the wind was gusty. I propped my 20 yr old faithful steel to winter bike up in the drive against the house wall next to my car.

The wind blew the bike over, hitting the car. Instant instinctive reaction “I hope she’s ok” picked her up and examined her just a bit of damaged bar tape. I carried on tinkering with my summer bike.

Ten minutes later. I thought "I wonder if it’s scratched the car". It turns out it has scratched the paint a bit but I am not concerned.

I have now got to explain to the car why I don’t love her.
Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.

Comments

• stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Don't tell her you don't love her. Just explain it's a different type of love, more like a brother/sister or good friend. She'll understand. But don't try and explain the whole physical pleasure thing, it would be cruel and insensitive.
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    When I had cars they were always male, most of my bikes have been female, so this sort of thing isn't usually an issue.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I had to apologies to the car with a full valet after ordering my bike.

She took it well at the time but the oil light came on so she may have been crying.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I haven't got a car... All my love is dedicated to my bikes, except that someone tore my heart out earlier this year by nicking 3 from my shed....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.