Bottle/Bidon tool carrier

dynamicbrick
dynamicbrick Posts: 460
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
The dummy bottles which are actually tool/cake/bits carriers...

I've seen them, I know they exist, but I'll be stuffed if I can find them on the web.

Who makes them?

Comments

• bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    The dummy bottles which are actually tool/cake/bits carriers...

I've seen them, I know they exist, but I'll be stuffed if I can find them on the web.

Who makes them?
    8506_pro_storage_bottle.jpg

I bought one a couple of years ago, but never liked or used it as I quite often carry 2 bottles for drinking. Better off with a Lezyne caddy sack, Rapha essentials case or some type of pencil case stuffed in a jersey pocket IMO.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I use one of these...

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose ... aid:499608

It looks nicer than the usual black plastic bottle and it doesn't cook the contents.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    I'm looking for the same thing and it took me a while to work out what they were called. I dare say that, two weeks after you posted this, you've found one but they are, fairly logically, called tool bidons.
  • elite-byasi-storage-bottle.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    That's the one I went for only in black.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have the large Pro one but its a bit basic and cheap feeling/looking.
    The main thing I want to put in it is a lock but it is tough to get in as the neck and indents at the top are very restrictive, so I do not bother.
    Now its getting warmer I will need the bottle cage for a bottle too.

The Rose one looks interesting as the top seems to zip off and give better access to the inside.
  • Andyh4324
    Andyh4324 Posts: 58
    I've got one of these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bbb-btl-18l-tools-and-tube-storage-bottle-large/

I can fit a multi-tool, 2 tyre levers 2 spare tubes, 2 co2 canisters, pump head thing, and a puncture repair kit as well i think. It's a tight fit but it all goes in.