bearings

acac
acac Posts: 348
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
hi has any one brought any bearing of ebay and how good are they.
i need some for my pro2 hubs.

seems very cheep is stainless steal one be better thanks
play hard ride hard

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Katec sells good stuff.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/KaTec-Bikes?_rdc=1
    No idea what your second paragraph means though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    +1 for Katecs service, not ridden on them long enough to find if the quality is good or not, but others have and say yes!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    Another +1 for Katec, can't find the same great quality for cheaper anywhere else.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I can vouch for the quality. Kaese is a strange person, but knows his bearings.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Just another recommendation for Katec bearings. Running some in my rear Pro II Evo and Switch hubs, not been running them for too long but they seem good so far. Nice and cheap, about the cheapest I could find really for anything that wasn't going to be a gamble with it being unbranded stuff and the service is excellent.

I needed some bearings for my Flatline a while back and was recommended Katec so got in touch and he gave me a price that was about half what it was going to cost for them anywhere else (they were a slightly odd size). He then quickly got back in touch with me telling me he wasn't going to be able to get hold of them for a few weeks so he talked me through some other options from other sites and made sure I knew how to instal them and grease them etc etc, certainly not bad service when he wasn't making a penny from doing any of that.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Yup another one here, had katec bearings in my front pro2 hub for 6 months, faultless so far.