Pumped up :)

p1tse
p1tse Posts: 694
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Finally got a track pump and a hand pump
Track pump, topeak joe blow sport II. Halfords rrp £38, order online 20% off and British cycling member 10% off final amount, £27 :)

Lezyne Pressure drive, via local cycle surgery rrp £30, price match tredz final amount £24

Two purposeful pumps and hope they last for circa £50

13BD5B41-A724-4159-BD69-D1A0DBA959D0-1228-000000BD42128177_zps6bc23a0b.jpg
Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    The Topeak is a good bit of kit, have used my brothers a bit & it feels well built. The Lezyne well that just oozes quality.

Lets hope you need the topeak for home use & not the Lezyne whilst on the ride!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Lezyne PD has saved me several times. Just be careful not to unscrew the valve core. I find it helps to unscrew the hose from the pump first to ease the back pressure.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • p1tse
    Me too

The muppet I was I was thinking the pump wasn't working as I turned the lock lever towards the Presta end and not away lol. Good bit of kit for the money I feel.

Lezyne fits nicely with bottle cage :)
  • p1tse
    smidsy wrote:
    Lezyne PD has saved me several times. Just be careful not to unscrew the valve core. I find it helps to unscrew the hose from the pump first to ease the back pressure.

Thanks for the tip
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I have both those pumps, great bits of kit :wink:
  • ajhapps
    ajhapps Posts: 16
    I have the same setup myself. Great stuff!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yeah I have the Joe Blow 1 and various Lezyne pumps, all good but I would thoroughly recommend practising with the Lezyne when you have a few minutes. In the comfort of a warm house deflate a tyre and then use the pump to get the pressure back. You may find that it takes a lot more pumps than you imagined to get a decent pressure and they can be a bit fiddly.

Also, worth doing periodically too to make sure nothing has seized up and all is in good working order; you don't want to be finding problems at the side of the road.
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    smidsy wrote:

Great tip, did that yesterday after changing the tube and makes it a lot easier.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Canny Lad - Don't tell everyone I was helpful, I have a reputation to keep, don't you know :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    smidsy wrote:
    Canny Lad - Don't tell everyone I was helpful, I have a reputation to keep, don't you know :-)

I'm feeling generous cos it's easter, normal service will be resumed on Tuesday :wink: