What time of year do Rapha have their sale?

clelanj
clelanj Posts: 68
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi guys. Looking at buying the Rapha Classic softshell jacket and was wondering roughly what time of year do Rapha have their sale(s)? Noticed from an older thread that the softshell had 25% off which is quite a saving and I would hate to purchase one now only to find its in a sale the following week.

Also still making up my mind whether to go for the plain black which is nicely understated or the Sky one which, unlike most of their products, doesn't have a big 'Sky' logo printed across the front or rear of it and is instead very subtle and adds a splash of colour. I know its down to personal preference but would be interested to hear which one you would go for if you were buying one or already have?

Comments

• Think Simon Mottram said no more sample sales.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Never.

They know most of their customers are silly enough to pay full price all year round.

(Oooops, controversial!!!) :lol:
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    The Rapha sale presents a new concept to the elite - prices are increased by up to 50% for a limited period only. But you need to be quick, as they tend to sell out fast.

Peter
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ha Ha! Some people like an easy bandwagon to jump on. :wink:
    The sales are usually January and August but with them supplying Sky they are expecting high demand so no sales. :(
    Best bet is to check with the retail stores for old stock that may be on sale.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    the girls had a sale recently...
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    The last sample sale was in Berlin.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    NorthPole - you've been watching too much of the Fall and Rise of Reggie Perrin !