Sherwood Forest; Kitchener trail

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited March 2013 in Routes
Hi all

I'm heading up to Centre Parcs for a long weekend with the family, I'll take the bike and hopefully get out in Sherwood Pines (first time I've been up there so I'll probably stick on the marked trails). Has anyone been up there recently? I'm assuming its like the rest of England (i.e. mud everywhere)?
Cheers

Comments

• Br0ck71
    Br0ck71 Posts: 2
    As you have already said, the conditions will be wet and muddy (although the guys down there have made big improvements to the drainage over the last 12 months). When are you goinig? There is XC racing on this week end and the coarse does cross the marked trails in a few places.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Yea its not too bad actually, I was up there about 3 weeks ago, along with a few times over the winter and they have done some good work on the drainage over the last few months. Its literally only 4 maybe 5 sections of trail that get really muddy as they are tight and everyone ends up riding the same ground. Just to let you know though like i've said in my post it is an XC red, not a trail centre red. You will be pedalling probably 80% of the way round. The 'Black' section is really fun though, and I usually end up sessioning it for an hour or two whenever I go up there. I tend to go to the Pines a couple times a month from Leicester so if you have any more queries let me know.
    The parking is £4 for a day and they have a bikeshop, toilets, cafe, and 'Go Ape" activity centre there.
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    Br0ck71 wrote:
    As you have already said, the conditions will be wet and muddy (although the guys down there have made big improvements to the drainage over the last 12 months). When are you goinig? There is XC racing on this week end and the coarse does cross the marked trails in a few places.

Thanks for both replies guys

Going tomorrow through to Monday (staying at Centre Parks so just looking for an excuse to get out for a few hours each day. Looks like snow will be the issue not mud!

As before, cheers for the advice