RS revelations or Fox CTD forks

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Looking at a new FS and not sure what are the best forks...
RockShox Revelation RL Solo Air w/ 15mm Thru-Axle or Fox 32 Evolution open cartridge CTD
the Rockshox are on a giant reign and the fox are on a Norco sight 2se...
I have had a look at both of them and just wondering what are the better forks....

Cheers

Craig
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Fork wise, the Revelation. Fully adjustable low speed damping and floodgate adjust allow precise tuning of feel.
  • hainman
    cheers mate,going for another look tomorrow with view to purchase,wee 40th pressie to myself :-)
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    The CTD system is still pretty good, the trail setting is a reasonable performer and tbh the norco is probably a better bike than the reign anyway, so I'd say go for the Norco with the fox's!
  • hainman
    Aye.....Norco over Reign.back to square one again haha
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'd personally have the Norco, but on the forks alone i'd rather have the Revs.
  • hainman
    so im stuck between a rock and a hard place,norco better bike but revs better fork...why is choosing a bike not so feckin simple :-)
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • hainman
    just seen a zesty 314 2012 model on a site for 1500 used but great condition,hope hubs front and rear,black and gold...is it worth a look at??
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • hainman
    not worth it??im kinda reluctant to go down the 2nd road especially for that amount of money but it does look stunning,im just trying to get it right,either Giant Reign or the Norco sight 3se or rocky mountain altitude 50.which is at 1500 in evans,
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roc ... e-ec033383
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    None of these are bad bikes, and the differences in some cases can be marginal. You just have a case of options paralysis!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • hainman
    97th choice i dont bloody half,2nd hand v brand spanking new,im just weary of spending so much cash 2nd hand and get a lemon,then im up sh** creek,
    going to nip into evans beofre i go back to dales to see the giant reign,might take the norco and rocky mountain for a spin if poss,
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    hainman wrote:
    not worth it??im kinda reluctant to go down the 2nd road especially for that amount of money but it does look stunning,im just trying to get it right,either Giant Reign or the Norco sight 3se or rocky mountain altitude 50.which is at 1500 in evans,
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roc ... e-ec033383
    This is good for the money. All solid kit.
  • hainman
    hi bennett...sorry what is it your refering to that is good for the money???Reign?Norco?rocky mountain or the Zesty314
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Reign is an excellent bike & I would take Rev's over Fox CTD forks.
  • hainman
    Reign it is....made my mind up,its minced enough with all my "will I, wont I" shenanigans..

Buy it,Ride it,Love it....:-)
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    The reign is a great bike, but you should really try and ride all three or at least get a car park spin first!!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • hainman
    had a nice spin on it today and felt nice and 100x better than the Roxkrider its replacing,just needs wider bars now and a good try out at kirroughtree on sunday...weather permitting
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie