Fuji bikes

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
has anyone any 1st hand knowledge of the Fuji make of mtb??
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=93931
still on the hunt for a bike and seen this but not really seen or heard of them...
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Not a particularly good spec for the money (the brakes would need replaced immediately if you plan to use the bike for its intended kind of riding) but generally the brand is OK and i've known people who have had them before.
  • hainman
    cheers mate.i have a set of XT's that would be transferred over from my bike..
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Not a particularly good spec for the money (the brakes would need replaced immediately if you plan to use the bike for its intended kind of riding) but generally the brand is OK and i've known people who have had them before.
    for £1500 i'd say its pretty decent overall, i imagine you did actually look at the spec ?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • hainman
    I thought the spec looked quite good for the money....prob be hard to get one to try on unless I went to CRC
    I'm also looking at the giant reign which looks pretty tasty
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • bennett_346
    chez_m356 wrote:
    for £1500 i'd say its pretty decent overall, i imagine you did actually look at the spec ?
    Yes, i looked at it. For what it is, a budget brand, why not have a Canyon and better brakes and wheels, a shadow plus rear mech, and branded finishing kit?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I think Bennet is confusing budget brand (carrera would be a good example) with brands that aren't 'big name' (Specialized, Trek, Giant) - the ones that can't sell overpriced tat (ike Spesh Lardrocks).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • hainman
    so in general they are good bikes at a good price with good kit but NOT a fashionable name......

Sounds a bit like the Rockrider i bought previously...
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • bennett_346
    I think Bennet is confusing budget brand (carrera would be a good example) with brands that aren't 'big name' (Specialized, Trek, Giant) - the ones that can't sell overpriced tat (ike Spesh Lardrocks).
    That's what i meant, worded it wrong.

What i meant was if you're not brand conscious then it makes sense to buy a canyon since its just a different name with a better spec for the money.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A single vendor operation (wholesaler=retailer) will always undercut those with both, yes, so the Canyons are excellent VFM as for example are the Carrera and Rockriders (all at different price/quality points).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356

What i meant was if you're not brand conscious then it makes sense to buy a canyon since its just a different name with a better spec for the money.
    haven't you heard, canyon are a brand throughout europe, or does it have to be approved by the yanks to count ? and you seem to be getting sidetracked again, the bike in question is a fuji
  • bennett_346
    chez_m356 wrote:

haven't you heard, canyon are a brand throughout europe, or does it have to be approved by the yanks to count ? and you seem to be getting sidetracked again, the bike in question is a fuji
    What the heck are you talking about? The OP asked if Fuji bikes were generally a good brand and i said they were but there's better for the money, then mentioned how an equivalently priced canyon bike has a better spec.

I never once mentioned anything to do with america?
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 wrote:

What the heck are you talking about? The OP asked if Fuji bikes were generally a good brand and i said they were but there's better for the money, then mentioned how an equivalently priced canyon bike has a better spec.

do you need it in big letters ?
      and what you said was
    Not a particularly good spec for the money
  • bennett_346
    chez_m356 wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:

do you need it in big letters ?
      and what you said was
    Not a particularly good spec for the money
    WTF man, still no idea what you're getting at I said Fuji are a good and well known brand but you're paying for the label as you're getting less spec for your money, I then said if you're not brand conscious you could buy a "budget brand" canyon and get more for your money.

Do you own Canyon or something? Have i insulted you? No, now fark off back under your rock.
  • chez_m356
    WTF man, still no idea what you're getting at I said Fuji are a good and well known brand but you're paying for the label as you're getting less spec for your money, I then said if you're not brand conscious you could buy a "budget brand" canyon and get more for your money.

Do you own Canyon or something? Have i insulted you? No, now fark off back under your rock.
    the words keep tumbling out, but you seem to have no recollection of what you write or the meaning of the words, even when you could actually read them back, but then intelligence obviously isn't your strongest attribute, maybe time for a new helmet :wink:
      head+up+the+ass.jpg
    • bennett_346
      Go on then, why should people not buy canyons if they are brand conscious? Because so far that is all you have highlighted as being wrong with my post. I already admitted to wording my first post incorrectly, i actually said that. So i assume you're talking about the one you highlighted.

By the way, your comprehension skills are off the chart...
    • chez_m356
      Go on then, why should people not buy canyons if they are brand conscious? Because so far that is all you have highlighted as being wrong with my post. I already admitted to wording my first post incorrectly, i actually said that. So i assume you're talking about the one you highlighted.

By the way, your comprehension skills are off the chart...
      you really need to read this entire thread carefully, each time you post, you seem to forget what you have written previously :roll:
    • Chunkers1980
      Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
      Tbf. Wgaf. Noone outside of the biking circle will've heard of them both.
    • chez_m356
      Tbf. Wgaf. Noone outside of the biking circle will've heard of them both.
      they might have heard of one of them if they live in japan, but they will just think it's some big snow topped hill :wink:
    • chez_m356
      apologies to "hainman" to turning the thread into a mudfest, if you're still considering the fuji, there's a couple here that maybe of interest ? http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/m711/k ... l?od=&ft=1
    • hainman
      Haha no worries...what are these guys like to buy from??Was it you that posted about the Radon slide??
      I really like the Radon but keep on getting told its not for me,has "Old School geometry" blah blah blah
      What ever happened to buying a bike because YOU wanted too haha
      Giant Reign 2
      Crohnie
    • chez_m356
      hainman wrote:
      Haha no worries...what are these guys like to buy from??Was it you that posted about the Radon slide??
      I really like the Radon but keep on getting told its not for me,has "Old School geometry" blah blah blah
      What ever happened to buying a bike because YOU wanted too haha
      exactly, not as if your buying it for them to ride, or asking them to pay for it :lol: not purchased from them myself yet, but, there have been a few threads on here with people asking the same question, positive responses from what i remember
    • bennett_346
      I've heard good things about those Radon bikes, they do look impressive.
    • zx6man
      zx6man Posts: 1,092
      Mate bought a fuji from evans last year, seems to like it with no issues (was a tahoe I think).
    • hainman
      My thoughts exactly ive narrowed it down to either the radon slide 150 or a giant reign 2....
      Giant Reign 2
      Crohnie