Fox 40 VS Boxxer WC vs Boxxer Race

MagnePange
MagnePange Posts: 38
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hello!

Any one who have tried these forks and can give some input about how they handle?

I have a Fox Van 36 180 mm that I love but can´t help to feel that a slacker angle (cane creek angle adjust) and 20 mm of more travel would be a bit better.

I have tested the Boxxer Race quite a bit. However it´s not a fair test since the coil was to hard for my weight class.
One issue of special intrest is if anyone has some input on the small bump sensitivity / traction of the world cup soloair spring VS the diffrent coil options above.

Cheers´s
8)
MP.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I would go for the Boxxer R2C2.
    The Race has limited adjustment and a slightly crude damper. The world cup is good but needs a lot of maintenance and a lot of people end up swapping the air spring for a coil which basically makes it a R2C2 anyway. I prefer the feel of my R2C2 to my mates world cup Boxxers.
    The Fox 40 is ok (depending on spec) but is overpriced and the service intervals are too short. Personally I don't like the feel of 40's but other people love them.
    Another one worth checking out is the Marzocchi 888 rc3 evo ti. It's the best fork I have ever ridden and 2010 onwards they are very reliable. Very expensive new though.