Signed Red Bull F1 Team Jacket

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited February 2014 in Road general
I come across a post by forum member "litwardle" who is doing the "Le to Jog" event and is doing it for a fantastic charity so with that in mind I managed to get a team jacket, signed by the drivers to offer anyone here willing to donate a 'fair' amount to his charity which is epilepsy based.
Every penny will be donated to his ride, in fact it would be better if the highest bidder paid directly to avoid complications. I will get the jacket posted direct or maybe even get something else added to the package if it can be managed.
So, with that in mind, you can either make an offer here or via pm, im not sure anyone would want to buy it from a cycling forum but it is for a good cause so please do accept it as such and get the pennies out.

red-bull-racing-softshell-jacket-blue.jpg
Living MY dream.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I've entered some sort of parallel universe and it's yesterday afternoon again :wink:

Seriously though good luck in raising some cash for charity :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    Surely you'd get a much better price if you put this on some Formula One Forum somewhere.
  • VTech
    Brakeless wrote:
    Surely you'd get a much better price if you put this on some Formula One Forum somewhere.

Ive actually done the same thing for a few people who had added them on various sites, we did one for a girl last year who had a weird illness where she went to sleep and woke up unable to walk ? We sold a jacket for a massive price but was purchased out of sympathy really which is the best kind of buyer, hence posting here. I would have thought someone here would be sympathetic to the cause and want to buy. I can get another to sell at a charity dinner event but with them, they normally already have their own charity so maybe wouldnt take to doing it for a different one.
    If we have no takers I will give it directly to the guy and see if he can post somewhere for a better price ?
    Living MY dream.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,464
    You're a strange one at times but good on you, I hope whoever wins it bids a decent price for it.
  • bazzer2
    bazzer2 Posts: 189
    Seems like a nice idea, and you're a generous person for trying to help.

One thing bothers me though - That's a stock picture of a jacket. An actual pic of the real thing may help (him) generate interest.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Just a thought but you could always get it on Ebay so you get a wider audience (as they always seem to be the top of google listings) & then if you ad into the sales section of parts for sale with Ebay in the title it will get you over the issue of posting rules.

Would love to bid as my other half is a mad F1 and Redbull fan but flat broke at the moment due to impending house move.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • VTech
    bazzer2 wrote:
    Seems like a nice idea, and you're a generous person for trying to help.

One thing bothers me though - That's a stock picture of a jacket. An actual pic of the real thing may help (him) generate interest.

You have a very good point, ive just taken this pic, ive taken it over my bike as I cant be bothered with dealing with the freaks in such an important thread.

photo12gp.jpg

@danlikesbikes, pm me your address and ill get a signed tshirt sent over for her.
    Living MY dream.
  • Bookwyse
    Bookwyse Posts: 245
    My F1 mad 12 year old offers £100.

He says he cant offer more asthats all he has at the moment.

Jeff
  • VTech
    Thank you Jeff.
    Living MY dream.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Pross wrote:
    You're a strange one at times but good on you, I hope whoever wins it bids a decent price for it.

Plus one! I'm sure it will get a worthy price too.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ♠ChumBucket♠
    ♠ChumBucket♠ Posts: 388
    edited March 2013
    Not sure why "strange" has to come into it, is a decent, generous human being not that anymore- just decent & generous :?:

What a decent & generous thing to do Vtech, good for you!! :D
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Not sure why "strange" has to come into it, is a descent, generous human being not that anymore- just descent & generous :?:

What a descent & generous thing to do Vtech, good for you!! :D
    I agree - I think people just jump on the back of others slagging VTech off - personally I think it is uncalled for!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    More info on said ride and charity?

It's f1 this weekend [hurrah], i think eBay would be a great place for something like this! Unfortunately I'm more of a Hamilton fan [ok i'm skint really but hey ho!]

& if the guy has a justgiving page i'm sure some [skint like me] people could throw in a few quid...
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Relates to this I believe.

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12909188
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Threads like this always give me hope that there are decent people on this forum, the best of luck to you guys and raising cash for the Epilepsy charity. My wife has Epilepsy, so I can relate rather well, but unfortunately not with my pocket due to the current circumstances for us.

Best of luck!
  • VTech
    Threads like this always give me hope that there are decent people on this forum, the best of luck to you guys and raising cash for the Epilepsy charity. My wife has Epilepsy, so I can relate rather well, but unfortunately not with my pocket due to the current circumstances for us.

Best of luck!

Its no problem if anyone cant bid.
    My father died of epilepsy which maybe explains my anger at the thread removal earlier, people call me a troll, It was simply anger, nothing more or less.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    Just a thought but you could always get it on Ebay so you get a wider audience (as they always seem to be the top of google listings) & then if you ad into the sales section of parts for sale with Ebay in the title it will get you over the issue of posting rules.

This, surely eBay has got to be the way to go to get the most for the charity, don't know if being for a charity means you don't pay the fees on eBay? Might be worth an investigate?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    arran77 wrote:

This, surely eBay has got to be the way to go to get the most for the charity, don't know if being for a charity means you don't pay the fees on eBay? Might be worth an investigate?

Ive sent them a question about it and will probably do that also. It would be great if a forum guy got to benefit out of this as well though. This has to be a bargain for any motorsport fan on here.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Ive sent them a question about it and will probably do that also. It would be great if a forum guy got to benefit out of this as well though. This has to be a bargain for any motorsport fan on here.

A bargain is nice for sure but at the end of the day making the most you can for the charity is what counts most I reckon :)

seanoconn
  • VTech
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

A bargain is nice for sure but at the end of the day making the most you can for the charity is what counts most I reckon :)

Yes of course, we have quite a lot in mind to help these guys, the jacket is a small start, the pebble to start the snowman as it were :)
    Living MY dream.
  • vtech, what size is this jacket?

also if you can get a williams one signed by the drivers and sir f, then i could be willing to pay top dollar for it.
  • VTech
    vtech, what size is this jacket?

also if you can get a williams one signed by the drivers and sir f, then i could be willing to pay top dollar for it.

I can ask but I couldnt make anything other than a vague attempt for you, in fairness most teams are great, only Mercedes have a zero blanket policy of no gifts.
    Living MY dream.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    You'll defo get top dollar for this on eBay, which is what really matters as its for charity...

But what a great prize :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • how do you get this stuff vtech? do you work for an F1 team?

also what size is the RB jacket.
  • litwardle
    litwardle Posts: 259
    Hi All,

I'm the guy Vtech is doing this for, well, no, I am one of the organizers (and riders) trying to raise money and awareness for Epilepsy Bereaved. I'm not sure of the best, most legally transparent way of selling the jacket is but it really is a great item! We are so thankful to Vtech for helping us in such a way!

For more info about our challenge and the charity take a look at our blog: http://blog.chubbscyclechallenge.co.uk

Lee
  • litwardle
    Chubbs Cycle Challenge gratefully received the jacket this morning! I shall share some photos soon and let you know how to bid! Basically, it will go to the highest bidder!

Thank you so much to Vtech for donating :)
  • VTech
    Its a total pleasure, I wish you all the best for the event and hope you raise lots :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Wooo great job... and a worthy cause, wish i would be able to even have a chance of winning this! But flat out broke (Student life), ill make sure i donate what i can though :)
  • litwardle
    Ha ha Cheers Daniel! Well you never know!!! :) Thank you for the support mate! If you could follow us on Twitter and facebook that would be superb :)
  • treebirch
    treebirch Posts: 6
    Wow, what a raffel prize!