Good Brakes and Pedals

mm391
mm391 Posts: 7
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I have a frame from a Dawes XC2.2 which is in ammaculate condition, with Rock Shox Dart 2 Front forks. Firstly is this a good frame? Secondly I would like to get it up and running. I am a student so not got much cash but want some good not to expensive brakes (preferably hydraulic and as I have Dart 2 I presume I need brakes that are I.S. disc compatible) and some pedals. I am embarking on an off road MTB trip to switzerland with a mate so want something that is good but will not break my bank balance. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mat

Comments

• BigLee1
    BigLee1 Posts: 449
    As you`re a student I suggest you learn the difference between brakes and breaks first! As one stops the other!
  • mm391
    mm391 Posts: 7
    Spelling corrected. Dyslexia at its best!!!
  • john2002
    john2002 Posts: 158
    these look cheap ive not used them so cant comment on them or the ebay seller
    ebay link (anyone else got comments on these or the seller)
    do you wheels accept the disk?
    you dont have any pedals or do you just want something better?
    GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Pedals I would go for Wellgo MG1 they are bulletproof not too heavy and have a nice grippy feel.

Brakes anything by Shimano the Deore M596 are perfect for anything other than weight weenie XC racing
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap