Campagnolo

Comments

• antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Yes, if you mean Tweeks.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Agreed Tweeks are great, offshoot of Demon Tweeks which are highly regarded in the world of petrol heads.

Used em a couple of times, fast delivery and pretty cheap too.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Dougall
    Dougall Posts: 49
    Yep used them for a couple of things with no probs at all.
    Delivery is usually pretty quick.
  • stepdavi
    stepdavi Posts: 135
    Decent large showroom to if you can get to Wrexham in north wales
    2016 diamondback heist 2.0
    2015 giant propel advanced 1
    2015 Genesis day one disc ss
    2014 giant roam 2
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Used them once.

I ordered a seatpost and nothing had turned up after a week or so, so i rang them.....
    "We don't have the seatpost in stock and i don't know when we'll get stock". Great!

No Email or phone call informing me of the situation, apart from that they're fine.
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Bozman wrote:
    Used them once.

I ordered a seatpost and nothing had turned up after a week or so, so i rang them.....
    "We don't have the seatpost in stock and i don't know when we'll get stock". Great!

No Email or phone call informing me of the situation, apart from that they're fine.

This seems to be a fair reflection from earlier posts - if they have the item in stock they are superb, low prices and fast delivery times. If the items are out of stock, the communication can be less than impressive. I have used them to buy 3T stems etc in the past and they were excellent, but I did check stock first
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Used tweeks for motorbike bits but they are expensive and there service wasn,t always good.Maybe better now but I wont use them again.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    yeah they're ok. sometimes not the fastest with delivery but ok.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I've used Demon Tweeks quite a lot for my kit car and they've been great. I can only assume that the bike division is good too.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Bozman wrote:
    Used them once.

I like your attitude, they completely let you down the one time you used them, but apart from that they are fine... :lol:

Just came across this thread as I placed my first order with them three days ago and nothing seems to be happening. Order status remains 'In Progress'.

Admittedly I didn't pay for express delivery, but I would have hoped that my items would have been dispatched inside three days.

Are other people still generally experiencing good things from Tweeks?
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Yeah, used them several times with free delivery, only a bit slow sending out once. Your item is probably not in stock.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • paulbox
    antfly wrote:
    Yeah, used them several times with free delivery, only a bit slow sending out once. Your item is probably not in stock.

Yeah, turns out one of the items is out of stock. Can understand them wanting to keep their postage costs to a minimum, but still annoying that I could have been running a sweet carbon chainset this weekend, but now have to week until next week because a bloody jersey is out of stock (that their web site definitely said was in stock when I ordered it!).

Shouldn't complain, prices were good.
  • paulbox
    One other thing, their web site has a huge stock list. Is the shop really big or do they have a habit of taking orders for things that aren't in stock?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I always forget to check them for prices. Occasionally they're very good on price but I think their marketing dept could do a much better job. Demon Tweeks are ok for car bits - almost never the cheapest nor especially quick delivery.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    We've used them for a few bits recently. One prefer was for something that was out of stock so we cancelled the order. A month later, looking at card statements, we were billed and never refunded. A call this week has still not generated the refund.

If you cancel, it seems that getting refunded is not automatic!
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro