Cannondale or Focus

shaunlee1985
shaunlee1985 Posts: 4
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Im new to the forum and new to biking well i bike to work but am hoping to get into basic mountain biking.

I'll be getting my bike through the bike to work scheme so i'm resticted to a couple of places, both have lots of bikes and im confused by the sheer choice available, so without spending hours and hours looking at every bike within my price range ive narrowed it down to either the cannondale trail sl 5 and a focus highland both are 2013 model and are priced at £500.

The bikes are from different shops and so i've been sold that both are good bikes for the price. I dont know a great deal about the manufacturs i have heard of cannondale in the past but not focus, but being german built i assume they are good.

Anyone have either of these bikes or advice on the manufacturs, i have also seen trek and giant bikes at similer prices so not sure if these would be a better choice?.

Any help would be apprciarted.

Cheers,

Shaun

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    At that price Decathlon's Rockriders or Voodoo would be the best choices.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    At that price Decathlon's Rockriders or Voodoo would be the best choices.

Agreed, any 2013 model from a big name manufacturer at that price will be poorly specced I'm afraid. As RM says, Decathlon and Halfords are your best bet, or perhaps Paul's Cycles (they do CycleScheme I think), where you can get previous years versions (which generally speaking are often better specced than the most recent models).
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    See the sticky at the top of the forum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools