2012 giant defy advanced 3 vs 2013 giant defy advanced 2

rjwc
rjwc Posts: 2
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
I am about to buy my first carbon road bike. Decided on giant and have done a ton of research. I think the defy is the right geometry and I took a 2013 advanced defy 2 for a long test ride and loved it. I see its just won bike of the year too so I am sold.

My question is what is the difference between the 2012 and 2013 models? They both have 105 group set, full carbon frame and forks and same saddle. The wheels might be different but the 2012 model is 500 quid cheaper so I could use that to upgrade the wheels later on.

Apart from the money I am not crazy about the look of the 2013 defy advanced 2. I don't like white bikes at all.

Just wondering if there is a bug difference between them or should I buy last years model and save 500 quid.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Go for the 2012. A few tweaks here and there but essentially the same. The frame is a beauty and much nicer in black/red.they don't seem to be doing the 3 this year which is weird. I went for the alloy vversion but the 0 as i don't like white bikes either. Good luck in finding a 2 now anyway.