Castelli Compatto Lite Jacket

macondo
macondo Posts: 10
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Anyone got one of these jackets? Any good?

I am thinking of treating myself to one. It doesn't need to be fully waterproof but to keep off the showers and wind, to go over a jersey.

Also if anyone has one what size would be right for a skinny short person, 65kg, 36 chest, 30 waist. Medium?

Many thanks.

Comments

• skyblue337
    skyblue337 Posts: 135
    Might be a bit late to this but I have the Compatto Lite vest. I've only worn it once and obviously it's not the same as wearing a jacket but it was fine as a wind proof. The fabric is very thin and it didn't rain when I wore it but it has a waterproof "feel" to it if that makes any sense. Size wise, I'm 76kg, 38in chest and I have the large. The large is not skin tight on me but it's well fitting. A medium would be too small for me and I reckon a small might be too small for you as there is not lots of give in the fabric
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    macondo wrote:
    Anyone got one of these jackets? Any good?

I am thinking of treating myself to one. It doesn't need to be fully waterproof but to keep off the showers and wind, to go over a jersey.

Also if anyone has one what size would be right for a skinny short person, 65kg, 36 chest, 30 waist. Medium?

Many thanks.

Hi,
    did you buy this jacket in the end?
    what is your opinion of it?
    is it worth the money?
    how did you find the sizing?

im contemplating getting one so would appreciate opinions on it.

thanks
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    I bought one 2 months ago. Was reduced to about £50.

I'm very similar size to the OP, and I got a medium which I normally do with Castelli.

Disappointed; was much too baggy for me, would have been parachute like.

Never got a chance to wear it out - it would be windproof, but not waterproof I think.

Squeezes into quite a small package.

Had to sell it on for a small loss.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Just bought one last week from Wiggle as it was £77.50

Cannot praise it enough. I'm a L in Castelli and this isn't 'race' fit but also isn't to baggy at all.

Rode in torrential wind and rain Saturday and stayed dry and snug. No overheating as in most rain jackets it really does breath.

Also worn a couple of cold start this week with just a long sleeve jersey and base layer and it kept me warm again without overheating.

I think even at the full RRP this jacket would be worth it. For £77.50 I robbed Wiggle.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    thanks for the replies.

just pulled the trigger and ordered one! :D