Need help with pinarello build noob build help :-)

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited February 2013 in Workshop
Hi I'm on my first build and few bits came today but I'm confused with installing the brake calipers
So il try to explain

I'm confused with the part that goes through the frame ie the studding it's not long enough to come out the other end to tighten it ??

Can I buy a longer bit??
Here are some pics to show you
Sorry if this is a simple thing but it is my first go

http://m.flickr.com/photos/84533015@N08 ... /lightbox/

When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Can not view your photos on my work machine but the caliper bolt does not (not supposed to) go all the way through.

The stud that is fixed to the caliper goes into a threaded spacer which you offer up from the other side of the caliper mounting point on the frame (so it clamps).

Hope that makes some sense? :? :|
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • sigorman85
    Yep all understood but its not long enough for it to thread on to this is the same for both :-(
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    The threaded spacer need to slide into the hole in the frame and then disappear.

So offer it up with the allen key already in place on the head of the spacer and then once it engages with the caliper stud tighten as you would a normal bolt.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • you are missing parts from those brakes.

there is a long barral thing that threads to the bolts and also some washy washers. i have the same brakes just installed them yesterday, you are definitely not showing the complete components in your pictures.
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • sigorman85
    I do have them parts sorry I didn't show them in the pics ... Rite I'm going to the man cave to give it another go il get back to you lol cheers

• washer goes in front for the front brake and back for the back brake if that makes sense. its a doddle.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    I had the same problem with my calipers. You need a longer bolt as the bolt you probably have is too short.This is what you are looking for i think.http://www.rose.nl/artikel/shimano-beve ... aid:161494
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • sigorman85
    Yep sorted problem was that one of the hollow Allen bolts or what ever there called isn't long enough to reach the studed thread as there is like a smaller hole inside so I need a longer Allen bolt .... Erm wow this don't make sense lol

• sigorman85
    Yep that's the part ademort cheers mate il pop to my lbs tomorrow to get one cheers mate :-)

Stand by guys as no doubt I'm going to need further help if I got stuck on this part

• That shouldn't be the case, the longer bolt is for the front and the shorter one is for the rear.

Anyway you know how to solve it now :)
  • sigorman85
    Yeah still need another longer one for rear