Amgen Tour of California

william-fingerdo
william-fingerdo Posts: 23
edited February 2013 in Pro race
Amgen tour of California is rolling thru my town in a coouple of months. Will post pictures after race.
http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/

Comments

• Ah. The EPO Tour of California
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Ah. The EPO Tour of California

Come on, I think you can do better than that.

Might as well make a steak joke while you're at it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Damn it, inky, you've called me out

*racks brain for puns*

*will come back later*
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I look forward to it. I will make sure I am not eating at the time, just in case I choke :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • That's a challenge! :)
  • What's going on with his handlebars?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Ah. The EPO Tour of California

Come on, I think you can do better than that.

Might as well make a steak joke while you're at it.

I once had a lovely fillet steak in california. Just thought I'd let you all know. Jack Daniel's glaze yummy.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Amgen tour of California is rolling thru my town in a coouple of months. Will post pictures after race.
    http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/

You are Paul Sherwen and I claim my prize
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,232
    Well done willy-finger for not being put off of your kind offer of posting TdC pics - despite the snide comments - and then posting a doping cartoon yourself. There are few things more likely to draw fire than someone who takes themselves too seriously taking themselves too seriously...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Well done willy-finger for not being put off of your kind offer of posting TdC pics - despite the snide comments - and then posting a doping cartoon yourself. There are few things more likely to draw fire than someone who takes themselves too seriously taking themselves too seriously...

Can you not drop the holier-than-thou stuff? Jesus, man. Get over yourself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,232
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Splendid. :)

To add to the general ambiance of silliness, I got a picture of Miranda Hart puling a silly face in the banner ad above your post...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Splendid. :)

I couldn't have done it today without the team... blah blah blah.... fantastic lead out...blah blah blah....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Having caused a bit of a rumpus yesterday, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the Mt Diablo stage last year. Sagan could have done with more serious challenges though, it got a bit monotonous (heresy!)
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    What's going on with his handlebars?

I'd be more worried that his chainrings and cassette appear to be on opposite sides of the bike
  • Crozza wrote:

I'd be more worried that his chainrings and cassette appear to be on opposite sides of the bike

Yes, and a weird gear ratio he's using. Would need a cadence approaching 1000 rpm to win a sprint on that...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Crozza wrote:

Yes, and a weird gear ratio he's using. Would need a cadence approaching 1000 rpm to win a sprint on that...

I like that none of us find it surprising that he has syringes for arms. I guess you get used to that with cycle racing.