Dura ace 7800 Campagnolo equivalent?

mk1markfalkirk
mk1markfalkirk Posts: 93
edited February 2013 in Workshop
I have a dura-ace 7800 group set on my bike. It's pug ugly and I dont like the shifters. I want to trade it for a similar age/spec Campagnolo group. Which group would this be? I have no idea about Campagnolo parts.

Comments

• markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I would say record,maybe super record.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Chorus 11 or Record 10 or 11 would be its equivelent. It is diificult to make direct comparisions as a veloce groupset is the same weight as ultegra. If yo do buy either of these groupset (and record 10 speed has to be one of the all time best) then I wold not buy the record cassette or else you will be thinking every time you ride, that cost me a fiver. If you ever crnch the gears that jst cost me too. A record 11 speed cassette make a dura ace cassette look like good value. Well over £250. Don't even think about the cost of Super record cassettes. Better to se a Chorus 11 speed cassette and live the extra 20g.

Record 10 speed groups can still be bought new. Chors 10 speed cassette can still be bought new.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    You do have one of the finest shifting groups ever made with a fantastic looking chainset...
    The direct equivalent is record 10 but it will cost a lot to swap, don't forget you'll need some new tools (chainset tool, torx key) and change the freehub on your wheels.

Is it worth it?...

I made the switch from SRAM red to SR and, well, yes it was for me...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Old 7800 dura ace was more equivalent to Chorus
    7900 equivalent to Record 10
    New 9000 dura ace equivalent to 11 speed record.

No brands have an equivalent to Super Record
  • Old 7800 dura ace was more equivalent to Chorus
    7900 equivalent to Record 10
    New 9000 dura ace equivalent to 11 speed record.

No brands have an equivalent to Super Record

Indeed.
  • Yeah I've just decided to stick with it. Thanks for the help guys!