Superstar Tech3 EVO 29r Wheels

eddiefiola
eddiefiola Posts: 344
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Are these new? http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=692

Have been umming and ahhing over Flows but they only have white rims in stock and I want Black, then saw these and the weight at 1890g is similar to Flows plus a bit cheaper.

Comments

• duh, at the bottom of the page "This product was added to our catalog on Monday 25 February, 2013."

Any one have the Tech2 Evo good buy therefore these should be OK?
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    I don't know how different the 'New 29er' rims are, but I have a set that I bought 2 years ago, built with their standard cheapo spokes, they have been great. Ridden loads of xc on them as well as some pretty aggressive trail riding all over the place UK & abroad.

The bearings were a bit pants and didn't last too long (that may have changed since then) but you gets what you pay for... I replaced with good quality ones and they have been spot on ever since.

The rear wheel is a bit out of true now but its had some fairly good knocks so I think it just needs a bit of a tweak, no problems at all with the free hub.

The only downside I found is if you want to run tubeless, the rims on the ones I have seem a little on the small side, I couldn't get tyres to seat so I had to build the inside of them up with some tape then fit a Stans rim strip and they sealed just fine after.... may not be an issue now though.
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer