Help!! not sure if this is the right bike for me.

buzzwhiskers
buzzwhiskers Posts: 13
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all.

Ok I recently came into some money, which is nice, and I decided to upgrade from my old Spesh stumpy. The money pot isn't bottomless and i am looking to spend around £1500. I've seen this which looks ideal:

http://www.cyclecellar.co.uk/products/245-ghost-amr-5900-suspension-bike-2012.aspx

However I've not heard masses about Ghost as a company or this bike, What I really need to know is:

one: how the sizing comes up - The stumpjumper is a 17' and i would want to go much bigger than that.
two: if this is going to be a worth while upgrade.
Three: Is the bike really as good as all the reviews say.

Any help would be massively appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nothing specific on the ghost but
    1/ Spec is good for the money, very good
    2/ Euro style bikes tend to get knocked a bit under UK trail conditions as they tend to blow through their travel a bit quick under bigger hits
    3/ Size wise EFFECTIVE top tube length is the most critical single dimension as it's the least adjustable (noting you have to allow for setback versus inline seatpost on that as well).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • b_real
    b_real Posts: 157
    I rode that Ghost over a couple of volcano's in the Canaries a while back, it's an excellent bike.
    Norco Sight Killer B

Giant Trance X3 - stolen.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Excellent to know they are fire proof.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    What's a Euro style bike?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cooldad wrote:
    Excellent to know they are fire proof.

Either that or so damn quick they went through the flames too fast :lol:
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.