cove gspot on crc

mog1404
mog1404 Posts: 60
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
im after a new all mountain bike frame was looking at a nomad,intense tracer2 or one of the yeti bikes but seen the offer on crc for the gspot just need to know if anyone has a gspot what their like and does anyone know what year the gspot on crc are also what size i should go for im 5ft7"
thanks

Comments

• 88 views and not one comment on a cove gspot not many sold then that's why their half price on crc is it :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    putting a link up might garner more responses.

how else do people know what you are looking at?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • If anyone wants to know anything about my GSpot that isn´t covered in the review then feel free to ask. I´m going out to ride it for a couple of hours but after that will be back!

It´s quite a short bike, I´m 5´10" and ride the medium. My mate Carlos is 5´7" and I convinced him to buy one, he rides the small and loves it. The GSpots I see on CRC are older models because Cove has changed the seatpost size to 31.9 to take a dropper. It is worth getting one of those.

I use my GSpot for everything. I ride DH on it and ride epic XC. It´s heavy but climbs well, i.e. doesn´t bob. I love it.
  • Cheers doug good review but I know for a nomad frame size small going cheep but need to try one out to see if it's ok for me anyone know where I can demo I sc nomad size small?
  • Might be too late but... I bought one from CRC. They have 2011 and 2012 models, the 2011 has a 30mm seat post, the 2012 a 30.9mm. BUT (and I have had this confirmed directly by Cove). They are EXACTLY the same - they just started reaming the seatpost out to the larger size in 2012. So you can either get your LBS to do this or, if like me you are wanting a dropper seat post, get the new Gravity dropper LP turbo which comes in 30mm.