Is this a good deal

boogi11
boogi11 Posts: 354
edited February 2013 in Road buying advice
Just pondering my next bike, I want di2 and carbon , limit is about 2500'. What do you think of

http://www.dolan-bikes.com/road-bikes/C ... uct_id=380

Or

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose ... aid:625095

I know the frame design on the rose is hideous but the spec looks good, and it has internal battery

Discuss......

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    That Rose is fugly
  • boogi11
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    That Rose is fugly

Yup. They do it on two shades of black which looks better, I'm oping the 2014 colours are better
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Sorry, but the Rose looks ugly in any colour... and that's coming from someone who likes the Cervelo S5

On that basis, I'd go with the Dolan. Or steal another £300 and get the Canyon
  • boogi11
    Sorry, but the Rose looks ugly in any colour... and that's coming from someone who likes the Cervelo S5

Can you please link to the bikes you suggest as there seems to be a lot of options, as the roses are hand made, I'm hoping they will build me a frame in natural colour with no tacky decals on
  • boogi11 wrote:

Can you please link to the bikes you suggest as there seems to be a lot of options, as the roses are hand made, I'm hoping they will build me a frame in natural colour with no tacky decals on

All carbon frames are hand made.
  • boogi11
    boogi11 wrote:

All carbon frames are hand made.

That's not what I meant, I mean the frames are made specifically rose , and i get the impression from discussions that they may be able to omit the decals if I could wait for it to be made as a special
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    boogi11 wrote:

I was referring to either the Aeroad di2 at £2,850 or the Ultimate CF SLX 7.0 at £3k. Both come with the same level of kit as the Rose, except for the wheels... no idea how good or not the Rose wheels are or whether the Elites on the Canyon bikes would be an improvement.

I don't think it's the decals that are the problem with the Rose for me... it's the slab-sided headtube and that mahoosive downtube. Plus the seatstays looked like they've been glued on as an after thought. I'm sure it's lovely to ride, but just not very pretty.

All in my opinion, of course.