Lynskey Pro 29 FS-120 Ti

arevir
arevir Posts: 7
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi i just saw this bike what you guys think is it worth it being a single pivot?
Lynskey Pro 29 FS
http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store ... nsion.html

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If you are in the market for a six grand bike then the only valid opinion would be your own.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I don't really see the point in Ti FS bikes, especially not at a price they make a decent carbon frame look cheap
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    nferrar wrote:
    I don't really see the point in Ti FS bikes, especially not at a price they make a decent carbon frame look cheap

I agree. Don't see the point in Ti full sus frames.
  • Hi guys what is wrong with Ti full suspension bikes?

I see that everyone say is expensive but compared to another bike equiped with FULL shimano XT not really.
    I been looking at bikes with FULL SHIMANO XT and this one is not that much more expensive it wont definitely make a good CF bike look any cheaper.

I would like to know if you guys have experience with a frame design like this if is good as far as pedal bob, under braking, efficiency etc.
    let say compared to a Trek superfly 100 the trek have his pivot above and inline with the bottom bracket while this one used it above and in front of the bottom bracket.
    TrekSuperfly100EliteAL_Full.jpg
    fr-pro29fs120-m-01.jpg
    Lynskey claim good Acceleration Anti-Squat, braking performance and Pedaling Performance.
    http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store/pro29-fs.html
    Thanks!
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    It's just a waste really - Ti on a rigid frame has the benefit of improved ride quality (if done properly) over aluminium but on an FS bike this that's negated so you're basically just using a much more expensive material to create the same thing. There's no weight listed that I can see but I'm guessing it's not as light as equivalent price carbon FS frames nor will it be as stiff. $6000 for an XT build might be comparable to high-end models based on carbon frames but it's a fair way above most aluminium framed FS bikes (it would be more comparable in terms of weight and stiffness to aluminium IMO).