water in the rims

dwanes
dwanes Posts: 954
edited February 2013 in Workshop
Upon cleaning my bike i can hear water sloshing around inside the rims.
I guess the only way to get rid is to remove the tyre and tube?
Very anoying, does anyone else have this issue.

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Don't ride through puddles.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Don't wash your bike. If it hasn't got Obermayers on then its obviously a cheap piece of junk that doesn't deserve washing.

Smash it with a hammer, summon up all your energy to throw the overweight piece of water infested junk into next door's garden then go and work with Will/Steve until you get enough money to buy a proper bike. We'll even give you 50p per piccie of workmates' nork to help the new bike fund.

Simples.

HTH

Y
  • Had the same problem after New years day ride, i'm afraid both tyres and tubes off and leave to drain overnight through the valve hole. One large puddle was all it took.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Shimano wheels for one have a small drain hole on the rim.
  • Yossie
    Bozman wrote:

Which one - front or back?
  • Yossie wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

Which one - front or back?

Both drain holes are in the rear rim so you can tip the bike backwards and drain both together (turbo riser block works well).
  • Yossie
    Blooody hell - now that's cool and cunning - is there nothing that they don't think of?

For the first time, I am actually in awe of someone else's thinking. Man, I don't stand a chance against design gurus like that.
  • Its a zen thing - relax, tilt and drain - pure technologicalenlgihtemment - then ... pack up your negative karma and burdens, place them gently over the fence into next door's psychological garden (merit for them you see) and fly my friend
  • Yossie
    Its a zen thing - relax, tilt and drain - pure technologicalenlgihtemment - then ... pack up your negative karma and burdens, place them gently over the fence into next door's psychological garden (merit for them you see) and fly my friend

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, dude, deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

But not as good as the two drain holes in the rear wheel. Now that's good.