What do I need to buy?

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Come off on a big tabletop today, luckily I landed on the down slope so most of the energy was lost sliding and ripping me rather than snapping me!

Snapped the mech hanger so need a new one. Which one do I need? It's an slx rear mech on a Saracen Mantra Expert 2013?

Also need a new again as had to break it and ride back with one gear, hard work, what chain will I need to get?

Cheers, prob need to give more info for answers do I?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The mech hanger is part of the frame, so contact any Saracen dealer.
  • Power link should fix your chain.
  • concorde
    They're not Universal then?

Thought about using powerlink, just didn't know if having two on there would weaken it.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Nah, like a piece of a jigsaw! 100s of different ones!
  • concorde
    Okay, cheers. I'm off for a dettol bath... feel the sting!
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Any Phot'os Or Video's Mate :twisted:
  • concorde
    Haha you sadist! Guy with the GoPro was too far behind me to capture it. No good photos, they missed a trick, I'd have been snapping away!
  • concorde
    On the subject of this, what would have been the reason why the back of the bike kicked up and I went over the bars? Weight too far forward?

Cheers
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Did you lift the front? Not doing so and weight to far forward (either standing or if you were sitting being pitched forward if there was a kicker on the lip)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • concorde
    Did you lift the front? Not doing so and weight to far forward (either standing or if you were sitting being pitched forward if there was a kicker on the lip)

No I didn't lift the front, just compressed/pumped into the lip.
  • The Rookie
    That'll be what did it then!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • concorde
    That'll be what did it then!

Ok cheers, I shall be lifting next time I hit it :-)
  • The Rookie
    You don't usually have to actually lift it, just unweight it so as the back comes off the lip it doesn't tilt forward
  • concorde
    Ok cheers. I'll keep my weight back then, with little bit of a lift to be sure, at first.
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    If you lift too much you'll end up launching really high/far and overshoot to flatbottom. Especially after a fall as you tend to give it a few more beans that usual to ensure you don't repeat performance :)
  • concorde
    Plyphon wrote:
    If you lift too much you'll end up launching really high/far and overshoot to flatbottom. Especially after a fall as you tend to give it a few more beans that usual to ensure you don't repeat performance :)

Ok, have to see what happens! Prob end in eating dirt again ;-)