Rear lights for aero bikes

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited February 2013 in Road buying advice
I am looking for a decent rear light to fit to the Felt AR4 but the rear seat post is the aero type so I need something for that or saddle mounted although I would like to fit a tool kit under the saddle.
Living MY dream.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Moon Comet might do the job for you.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... t-12-46822

Came out well in a recent Cycling + review and I bought one on the strength of that. Has two mounting options - one with an elasticated strap for around the seat post and the other which clamps to the seat rails. Should still be room for a saddle bag as long as it's not the type that also clamps to the saddle rails. One with a Velcro band that wraps through the saddle rails would probably be fine.

About £30 or possibly cheaper if you shop around - got mine from Go Outdoors for £27 using their in-store discount card.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I use the Cateye stuff on my Foil and have also used Lezyne without issue.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • VTech wrote:
    I am looking for a decent rear light to fit to the Felt AR4 but the rear seat post is the aero type so I need something for that or saddle mounted although I would like to fit a tool kit under the saddle.
    I use a Giant Numen on the seatpost - they do a separate aero clip for that (the one that's shown is rubbish for my aero seat post).

I have a Topeak seat pack which has a light clip on it, so I also have a Cateye TL-LD600 clipped to that. I had to buy the clip to attach it to the bag, but it was only a couple of quid.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?