Hincapie development team

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited June 2014 in Pro race
http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory ... est%20News

Madrapper, what do you think of this. For all his hardcore doping past, I think he is at least grounded in reality and a nice character. Cheated his way to millions but still seems to do a decent amount for others.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I think that's the difference between him and LA TBH Frenchie.

He's a genuine nice guy, he admitted what he'd done when asked by the appropriate authorities and he has none of the arrogance or ego. Because he is so personable, it's made a difference to how people have treated him post-admission.

The reality is that, for a significant period of his career, he was a cheat. That's always going to be the case and I'm not going to defend it, because it's indefensible.

I'm really pleased to see that he has developed a great family business with his brother, he seems to be giving back, both financially and in terms of experience with Hincapie Devo. He's settled down with a great family, so has a stable future. He does a lot of corporate work and stuff for charity and I'd like to see him carry that on. I do hope he stays away from the Pro scene in a direct sense though, that 'taint' will always be there and it's probably best for him to keep his distance.

People like nice guys - he's a nice guy. I'm not sure what else to say.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah, I'd agree with that view.

CORVOS_00019292-072-11.jpg
    le-tour-france-2012-previews-20120629-032216-651.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    378-RTR351PJ.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    Nice images as always, thanks Frenchie :mrgreen:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    Nice images as always, thanks Frenchie :mrgreen:

FF, Have you got an image of him leading the peleton onto the Champs Elysee?

As someone (Pross?) quoted in cakestop
    Jules wrote:
    I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Agree with all above and it good to see guys giving something back.

GH is a product of the time and TBO I am less bothered about the known dopers being involved with the sport, they will always be under scrutiny and that is the burden they have to bear.

There will always be the unknown dopers still living the lie and running teams with no price to pay. For me, that uncertainty is far more damaging.
  • frenchfighter
    Re Hincapie on Champs - I haven't got one but don't remember seeing one either.

2007 tho:
    TourdeFranceStageTwenty--q6exdh1kil.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333

He's a genuine nice guy, he admitted what he'd done when asked by the appropriate authorities and he has none of the arrogance or ego. Because he is so personable, it's made a difference to how people have treated him post-admission.

The reality is that, for a significant period of his career, he was a cheat. That's always going to be the case and I'm not going to defend it, because it's indefensible.

I'm really pleased to see that he has developed a great family business with his brother, he seems to be giving back, both financially and in terms of experience with Hincapie Devo. He's settled down with a great family, so has a stable future. He does a lot of corporate work and stuff for charity and I'd like to see him carry that on. I do hope he stays away from the Pro scene in a direct sense though, that 'taint' will always be there and it's probably best for him to keep his distance.

So, in summary, the guy cheats for a significant period of his professional life, earning millions, is deemed to be a nice guy, gets a 6 month ban, now seen to be giving something back and that's alright. What about the many other professional cyclists not able to earn a coin nor get the accolades because of his cheating? They also have families may also be doing corporate work and indeed may also do charity work. I genuinely don't understand the apparent acceptance of gold ol' George he's a nice guy. What a pile of guff.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I think "many" might be pushing it.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • feltkuota
    Jez mon wrote:
    I think "many" might be pushing it.

Fair point.
  • TMR
    feltkuota wrote:
    So, in summary, the guy cheats for a significant period of his professional life, earning millions, is deemed to be a nice guy, gets a 6 month ban, now seen to be giving something back and that's alright. What about the many other professional cyclists not able to earn a coin nor get the accolades because of his cheating? They also have families may also be doing corporate work and indeed may also do charity work. I genuinely don't understand the apparent acceptance of gold ol' George he's a nice guy. What a pile of guff.

My opinion is my opinion, you think what you like; we don't have to agree.

Oh, and Jez is spot on.
  • Sadly, the silent 'many' contributed to the problem.
  • feltkuota
    My opinion is my opinion, you think what you like; we don't have to agree.

On that we can agree.
  • EPO Delivery Man
    EPO Delivery Man Posts: 271
    edited January 2013
    feltkuota wrote:

You'll find a lot of double standards in this forum, but there are some people on here you simply cant offend as they are Cycling Gods of the Bikeradar Forums and their words are final. When they wake up in the morning and look in the mirror all they see is the face of Bradley Wiggins looking back at them and we are mere mortals who know feck all about cycling even though some of us actually had a Rayleigh Chopper as opposed to them looking at them in bike museums.

If you look at Mad Rappers reply above, you will see hes already put you down and told you your opinion means nothing at the end of the day, thats his way of taking the 'moral highground' and making you feel like an 11-tooth sprocket.

So whatever you do, dont shout, offend, or even pretend you know anything about cycling in front of the following members.

The Mad Rapper
    Richmond Racer
    Frenchfighter
    Leicester Lad
    RichN95

These are the Godfathers, if you go against them you're likely to wake up with your groupset in pieces next to you in bed.
    :shock:
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    feltkuota wrote:
    What about the many other professional cyclists not able to earn a coin nor get the accolades because of his cheating?

Who are these many you speak of? It doesn't look like too many were clean and being denied the chance to earn their money through not doping. The more time goes on, the more I'm starting to think the LA 'even playing field' stuff has some serious legs.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • *ahem* EPO person...

Godmother, if you please. Alternatively Gawd Mother
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    edited January 2013
    ^^and Greased, DDRaver etc will be offended
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    The Mad Rapper
    Richmond Racer
    Frenchfighter
    Leicester Lad
    RichN95

These are the Godfathers, if you go against them you're likely to wake up with your groupset in pieces next to you in bed.

LOL for Rick and Iain.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    The Mad Rapper
    Richmond Racer
    Frenchfighter
    Leicester Lad
    RichN95

LOL for Rick and Iain.

Thats why I was greatful! I have made a very elite list there!
  • The Mad Rapper
    Richmond Racer
    Frenchfighter
    Leicester Lad
    RichN95

LOL for Rick and Iain.

Do we have to kiss your ring :shock:
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Nearest thing we've got to a god is the simian one who runs the PTP. The only one nobody wants turfed off the forum.

Iain's more of a Titan. There before these newfangled gods and irritable as Saturn. Not sure what that makes LangerDan? Khaos?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Just when I think I can't get a laugh out of people taking the internetz way too seriouisly anymore...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Just when I think I can't get a laugh out of people taking the internetz way too seriouisly anymore...

The fact you werent listed is a bit goat-ist
  • I make no claims to influence. My near total 2 year break from this parish probably took it's toll
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • feltkuota
    EPO man,

I hear what you're saying although I have on occasion managed to get a couple onside. Rappers opinion means as much to me as I dare say mine does to him.

Salsiccia,

I may have over egged the pudding with "many" but a drugs cheat is still a drugs cheat. I was attempting to highlight the double standards
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    The Mad Rapper
    Richmond Racer
    Frenchfighter
    Leicester Lad
    RichN95

LOL for Rick and Iain.

If you dress up like JTL I will let you ;)
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The Mad Rapper
    Richmond Racer
    Frenchfighter
    Leicester Lad
    RichN95

LOL for Rick and Iain.

"Don't call me Leis, you little prick. I'm a bishop"
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    The Mad Rapper
    Richmond Racer
    Frenchfighter
    Leicester Lad
    RichN95

LOL for Rick and Iain.
    Iain is the Godfather of the Godfathers. Rick's more of an Eliot Ness type. And what about Afx? He's a made man too , you know.
    Twitter: @RichN95