Which Pedals

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited January 2013 in Road buying advice
Trying to decide on pedals for my summer bike which has campy on it.

My winter bike has shimano and I use SPD-SL pedals on this.

Do I stick with SPD-SL's on the summer bike and mix shimano and campy or do I go with something new for both?

Quite like the look of some speedplay zero's but couldn't really afford a set for both bikes and reckon it could be a pain switching pedals from bike to bike :?

What pedals do people suggest?
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Speedplay would be my pedal of choice, but if you don't want the hassle of switching cleats between spd and speedplay, I guess you've answered your own question. Stick to spd and just put the pedals on whichever bike you are using.
  • Have a look at these

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/PET ... c_2_pedals

Get rave reviews, easy to click-in and click-out (easier than Shimano in my experience) and the magazines always give them top buys etc.
    Also, that price is a bargain right now, i paid £60 for mine about 6 months ago, and i thought that was a bargain, but this price is a steal.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Have a look at these

Get rave reviews, easy to click-in and click-out (easier than Shimano in my experience) and the magazines always give them top buys etc.
    Also, that price is a bargain right now, i paid £60 for mine about 6 months ago, and i thought that was a bargain, but this price is a steal.

5,000 miles on mine and they're still as smooth as the day I bought them.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • vala
    vala Posts: 197
    I've got a pair of Xpresso 2 on my Roadrat for weekend riding and they appear to be comfortable and easy to use. A friend of mine has the 4 and reports the same thing.
    I believe the Xpresso range to be the latest range from Time with the main difference being a wider platform.
    Price for the base model though is circa £38 delivered.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Grill wrote:
    Have a look at these

I'll take a look at these, thanks.
    ajb72 wrote:
    Speedplay would be my pedal of choice, but if you don't want the hassle of switching cleats between spd and speedplay, I guess you've answered your own question. Stick to spd and just put the pedals on whichever bike you are using.

Definately don't want to be switching between cleats if I had shimano on one bike and speedplay on the other but I guess having one set of speedplay pedals and swapping these from bike to bike wouldn't be so bad.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Grill wrote:
    Have a look at these

Yes ive found mine to be superb, in fact ive got one set on the turbo and one on the road bike, that way im always clicking into the same pedal with the same shoes, saves all the faff :D