Revolution Courier Single

kingofthetailwind
kingofthetailwind Posts: 575
edited January 2013 in Road buying advice
I have an itching for a new bike, to replace my ultra heavy MTB currently used for commuting and getting around when my better half has my car.

Been looking at a fixie. This seems a pretty good deal at the minute: http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/product ... -single-12

Reduced to £229. Worth the money? Seems to get good reviews. Are there any other sub £250 fixies I should consider? Haven't seen anything decent locally second hand. A Charge Plug or something would be good. But new is out of my price range.

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Looks ok for the money, better than the crap on Ebay at a similar price. SE Racing fixie's also worth a look at that price range, are stocked by most BMX biased places.
    Half the fun of having a fixie is building it yourself with old parts IMO. I picked up an 80's Peugout frame and fork, added a SSC rear wheel and a cheap singlespeed front chainset and built the whole thing for about £120. Worth a thought.
  • I had been thinking about building my own, but when I budget it (old steel frame, new parts) it comes to £250+. I have no spare parts to use, so everything would have to be bought. Knowing very little about wheels/hubs etc I'd be reluctant to buy parts second hand. Would be fun to build one though.