Yoann Offredo

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited February 2013 in Pro race
Ready to race again after that unfortunate 12 month ban ( 3 no shows for testing) - think he's going to come back stronger! Racing in the GP Marseillaise. Iliked his attack in Milan st Remo 2011 - he's got an incredible acceleration

Yoann-Offredo.jpg

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Silent but exciting rider. I didn't follow his case too closely but from what I recall he was unlucky rather than a doper.

Great photo above! I'll post up a cool one I have later.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Silent but exciting rider. I didn't follow his case too closely but from what I recall he was unlucky rather than a doper.

Great photo above! I'll post up a cool one I have later.

I suppose he has a commitment to be where he says he will be - and it obviously raises suspicions - but on the evidence I heard it was more his lack of ' organisation' than anything sinister. .12 months was tough when others were getting 6 months for actual offences
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    We can't complain about the UCI being lax on doping and then suggest that the rules should be bent just because somebody can't get themselves organised.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    It was ironic actually cos I read he had shouted at Kloden for being a doper, and then he gets a 12 month ban. But I think not being organised enough to fill in the system is fairly stupid of him, they must all know what to do.
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    Offredo!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Frenchie, here is a fascinating fact about him - his name is an anagram of:

Ready? No. ('Non' FF)

I'm REALLY bored btw.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Frenchie, here is a fascinating fact about him - his name is an anagram of:

Ready? No. ('Non' FF)

I'm REALLY bored btw.

A fine way to while away some time...anagrams of riders' names....

Trying to think of a good one now...
  • We can't complain about the UCI being lax on doping and then suggest that the rules should be bent just because somebody can't get themselves organised.

Fair enough - I've been vocal anti-doping since 1987 so I'm with you - but the last test he'd gone off to a race that wasn't on his schedule and forgotten about the test - so it';s more like that than chaos - but one is excusable - 3 not so easy!! ..
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    edited January 2013
    this is where the cut came from? Gent-Bubblegum 2011?

090819ispa_0451_600.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    I think the photo I posted came from Tour of Qatar
    Contador is the Greatest
  • He certainly gets stuck in at the pointy end in the final km's - and had a fair share of downs Paris - Nice 2010 ?

DSC_1196.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    We can't complain about the UCI being lax on doping and then suggest that the rules should be bent just because somebody can't get themselves organised.

While this is true, you have a situation at Garmin where Alex Rasmussen got an 18 month ban an fired for clearly ballsing up his paperwork (and the authorities did too) going back to Garmin (assuming they re-hire him) and riding with ex-Postal guys who doped for several years and missed six months over the off season.

If he feels hard done by, it's difficult to to have sympathy.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:

While this is true, you have a situation at Garmin where Alex Rasmussen got an 18 month ban an fired for clearly ballsing up his paperwork (and the authorities did too) going back to Garmin (assuming they re-hire him) and riding with ex-Postal guys who doped for several years and missed six months over the off season.

If he feels hard done by, it's difficult to to have sympathy.

Yeah to be fair he said it was harsh - but just got on with it. He can put it to rights now I suppose
  • Yoann Offredo ‏@OffredoYoann
    Qatar1:Petite émotion à la signature, petite attaque @12kms de l'arrivée,grande satisfaction de retrouvé ça place dans le peloton #equipefdj
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I thought that the cuts in Frenchies pic came from him falling of at about 120km slipstreaming a team car in training? If that pic was at Qatar then its pretty early season when most of the car slipstreaming goes on!! There's a little part of me that thinks that it wasn't him but the late Wouter Weylandt that fell behind the team car (didn't he have fairly nasty road rash in the days before his death?). Hard to believe that it's nearly two years since his passing.

Back to Offredo, nice to see him back.
  • Ah now I remember. Good memory Tom. Google confirms it was Offredo:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7330/ ... 0-kmh.aspx
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Add another photo:
    Attacking on the Cipressa, 2011
    2011_milan_san_remo_offredo_van_avermaet_attack_la_cipressa1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • And not sure what race but here he is attacking:
    OFFREDO-ATTACK.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • he probably prefers the ones above. This is him in Qatar with two team mates (as he put it)

311909_403839356372466_1204732544_n.jpg
  • 10546_10152519213565103_411572059_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Ff you see the photo doing the rounds of his shins? Warrior
  • Nope, will look out for it unless you have a link.

Offredo was quick to judge Contador and condemn him of doping...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • micron wrote:
    Ff you see the photo doing the rounds of his shins? Warrior

yeah - that looks real bad http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151406574113680&set=a.468317928679.261112.568113679&type=1&theater

• I do feel sorry for Yoann - gotta be a bitter pill to swallow getting hit with a year whilst systematic dopers walk away with 6months.