Carbon 456 in marmite (yellow(green)/black)

BlueAdvocate
BlueAdvocate Posts: 266
edited April 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Ok finally a thread on my in yer face yellow/green C456.

Here was a pic I put on the owners thread:
20121210_145630.jpg

Finally made a bar/stem choice and got the steerer cut last week and roughly placed the brakes and shifters

20130112_155320.jpg

Now before anyone mentions the spacers these 16" frames have small headtubes and the headset has an internal bottom cup.
Having measured and compared with my Trek I reckon it could be about right, may be drop 10mm. I'll keep 10mm above the steerer for future proofing the fork. 10mm doesn't look bad and its not dangerous. Fundamentally I need to try it out to be sure.

20130112_155359.jpg

Full Spec:

Frame: Carbon 456 Yellow/Black 16"
Forks: Rockshox Revelation 150mm RLT Dual Air
Chainset: Shimano XT 38/26
Cassette: Shimano XT 10 Speed 36-11
Front Mech: Shimano XT
Rear Mech: Shimano XT 10-Speed Shadow plus
Shifters: Shimano XT 10-Speed Shifters
Chain: KMC
Brakes: Formula The One FR 180mm rotors
Headset: On-one Slacket 1 degree
Stem: 35mm Easton Havoc
Handle Bars: Easton Havoc Carbon 750mm with 20mm rise
Grips: Lizardskins Peaty
Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 125mm (right hand mounted on the left)
Seat-Post Clamp: Mpart
Saddle: SDG BelAir
Pedals: Shimano Saint
Wheelset: Stans Flows on Superstar Stealth EVO Hubs

(got some great deals on the XT stuff at CRC e.g. Front mech was 90p more expensive than the SLX, also the shadow+ rear mech was a bargain)

I've put 4mm helitape (the thick stuff from Paragon tapes - really impressed with how easy it went on) on the downtube plus a inner tube/chainstay protector combo to protect from slap and suck :wink:

20130112_155755.jpg

Hopefully get the gears sorted today but it may be next week yet.

Other jobs to do:
Shorten brake hoses
Remove indicators on the shifters
Fit grips and adjust position of bar components
Fit the Reverb
Setup the fork
Bed brakes

Comments

• Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    Looks so good.

I had never noticed before the headtube was so small on the 16" ! It's tiny haha.

I really want some white decals for my revs.

Bike looks dialled tho, you'll have so much fun on that!
  • Gorgeous I love it. Makes my grey, black, white combo on mine look a bit dull.
  • BRM_
    BRM_ Posts: 52
    Mate this is lovely, I've got the exact same frame. It's nice to see another one. I need to get and pull my finger out!
  • Looks great BlueAdvocate. Good to see you're cracking on with it and the colour combo is wicked. Head tubes are small anyway but tiny on the 16" hence why the tapered forks had issues originally.

My spacers were a concern at first but the controls are proper comfy so I doubt I'll be cutting the steerer down to reduce spacer height any time soon.

Laythevegas - yours aint dull as no C456 can ever be dull ;D
    BRM - yep get cracking and get it built so we can see it.

Paul
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Maybe you're right Paul, my LBS bloke calls it 'stealthy' so I'll go with that!
  • Maybe you're right Paul, my LBS bloke calls it 'stealthy' so I'll go with that!

My mate said the same thing on Saturday morning - I think "Stealth" is now the common term for the matte carbon jobs :D . BlueAdvocates and BRM's paintjobs are far from stealth - but what a great contrast - we need someone to build up one of the orange ones!!

Paul
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • I am lusting after that orange frame. It's gorgeous. Love the new decals too.
  • Ceed
    Ceed Posts: 9
    how tall are you Advocate and inseam?