Decent waterproof coat £40 max if poss

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi

My waterproof jacket has given up the ghost after 5 years of good wear.
Can anyone suggest a decent one that keeps you dry yet doesn't leave you in a bath of sweat?
I'm looking at a budget of £40ish.
If it keeps you warm too then that's an added bonus.
Alo old like it to last and not be knackered after 6 months of use.

Thanks
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• Altura Nevis. Pretty good for the price think they are about £30. Never really got too hot in mine. But even when I have it's never left me caked in sweat like other jackets have, seems to have pretty good ventilation.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Another one for Altura Nevis. Look on Ebay for platinumcycling as they sell 'seconds' for £25. They did the same last year with Nevis jackets but only for £10. Platinumcycling is the ebay name for Ziro, the Altura importers.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • i can hook you up with a brand new altura night vision in black for £ 42

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALTURA-NIGHTV ... 5d357f5c47

ive been after one before since christmas but havent had the money i would say by for its the best bargain
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Any other suggestions from the Nevis?
    The night vision doesn't keep you bone dry does it?i thought the back was prone to getting wet/letting water in?
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    The night vision doesn't keep you bone dry does it?i thought the back was prone to getting wet/letting water in?

So is the front, ams, sides etc...
    Hence why I always end up wet