Shorts too short?

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
After some new shorts. Was looking at Endura Singletracks, feel like they're the go to short, but I've seen a review mentioning they are a bit short. I've currently got Humvees and they are a little shorter than I'd like.

Now I'm thinking about the Endura Downhill shorts, but wonder if they'll be too baggy!? Dilemma!!

Anyone got any experience of they above, or any recommendations? I'm 6'2 and want shorts that sit just below the knee, £60 max.

Comments

• devbrix
    devbrix Posts: 127
    Singletracks are great and the best shorts I've ever had. Really well made, great cut and very rugged. Have magnetic closures on the deep pockets which work really well and hip adjusters. I have small (I'm 5'10" and 10.5st) and they sit just above my knees which is perfect for me. I've ordered lots of baggy shorts which turned out to be ridiculously baggy (comedy shorts) which I've had to send back. Bought my wife a pair too and they survived a nasty spill on the Gorlech at Brechfa last week. Singletracks are highly recommended from me.
    All of these things....
  • Hummvee 3/4s?
    They are my go-to shorts at the moment. They sit about 5 or 6 inches below the knee.
    (Or is that too long?)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Singletracks are definitely shorter than Humvees ime. OK when standing up but too short on the bike.

What you want are some All-Marketing baggies from Royal, Race Face, Fox, Sombrio, Dakine etc. I'm 6'2" and have got trail/freeridey baggies from all of them they are roomy without being flappy and plenty long enough if you choose a 16-17" inseam