Which XC Full Suspension Lightweight Frame

howdojonesy
howdojonesy Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to build my own lightweight XC full suspension MTB and would like any advice and recommendations please.

I guess I'm looking for a 100mm - 120mm set up for general weekend thrashing and the occasional race.

I've been recommended the Santa Cruz Superlight but it's outside my budget. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• welsh_14
    welsh_14 Posts: 259
    I havent ridden one, but have heard nothing but good things about the Giant Anthem, its available in 26" or 29er depending on your preference or the Giant Trance for a bit more suspension.

I havent heard any bad reports on the Maestro suspension or the frames in general. Someone may be able to tell you more though!

What is your budget? Does it have to be full suss?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    OnOne have some good deals on Titus frames.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    There are loads of great frames (depending on budget) I think pretty much anything from the big brands, Spec, Trek, Giant etc would be great.

Try and demo a few and see what you prefer. Each bikes geometry and suspension feels and behaves differently and will suit different people. Try and have a go on a few and narrow the choice down.

Also it might be cheaper to buy a full bike and replace the components you're not happy with rather than buying a new frame. Have a look at Pauls Cyles online, you can pick up a a fairly good Giant Anthem bike for the price of a frame.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Titus X Carbon fits your bill well, and being well rpiced leaves you some money to improvve the rest!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Aside from Titus I'm struggling to think of anything if a Superlight is too expensive. Most brands will only do their top frames as a frame only option, so many are going to be 2-3k+.

If you don't want the Titus then consider buying a complete bike and selling the bits you don't like.