Rockshox Reverb 2012 V's KS Dropzone with remote ???

Mattlyleryder77
Mattlyleryder77 Posts: 6
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi All

I'm in the market for a dropper post and have narrowed it down to two in my price range (£180 on offer) the Rockshox Reverb 2012 or a KS Dropzone remote, read good reports on both but would like to hear from anyone who have these posts to sway me as I'm undecided.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Hi All

I'm in the market for a dropper post and have narrowed it down to two in my price range (£180 on offer) the Rockshox Reverb 2012 or a KS Dropzone remote, read good reports on both but would like to hear from anyone who have these posts to sway me as I'm undecided.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have had both, though the KS was a 2010 model I think, I had issues with the KS sticking and also some scoring started to appear on the shaft, also,the collar kept coming loose, not sure if the new ones are better. I currently have the 2012 Reverb and have been running it for the last 6 months and it has performed faultlessly.
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • Thanks Brindle scoops, think the 2012 KS are a bit more reliable than they use to be according to the write ups but still something to think about. Cheers.
  • Any one else got an opinion on the Reverb or KS Dropzone dropper posts both 2012 models