Brake Pads & Oakleys

Jahmoo
Jahmoo Posts: 168
edited January 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys & Gals,

I am not much of a take my bike apart, although saying that, in my younger days, my BMX was always in bits, down to the crank and all, but not now, although that is where my wanting to take part in some Sportives has changed things a wee bit. I will need to know what is going on and how things work, so it starts here, small, but at least it's started. :wink:

Firstly thanks to those guys on the Continental Gator Tyres, some real great feedback and helped me with my new Tyre choice....really cool advise :) I have suffered a puncture in my last 2 short rides, so needed to look into being better equipped.

I need some other help as well please.

Brake Pads 70mm, V Brake system, something good in the wet weather please.

Oakley Sunglasses, anyone seen or heard of this site......I am a great believer, if its too good a price its a fake!
www.oakleystore-uk.com
If pay through Paypal or credit card, can not see why I would not be covered if was Fake!

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• cant speak for website but oakley fakes are everywhere. Even ive got a pair lol. 5 diff lenses, nice case for the whopping price of £5.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Koolstop Salmons or Swisstop Greens for break pads. Both are excellent. Koolstops a bit cheaper
  • Looks like a dodgy website to me, on the 'contact us' page there is just an email address with a form to fill in, I believe by law now there should be a postal address as well on that page.
  • Jahmoo
    Jahmoo Posts: 168
    Cheers the Koolstop looks like they will do me :)

Correct with the website, the funny thing is, its advertised on Facebook, so they don't care much, as long as they are getting their money ;)

Bloody Glasses broke today, changing lenses, the sun would have had to make an appearance ;) Looking at Oakley M Frames, or just a cheap set to keep me going for the now.
  • I remember a good few years ago asking at Parker international if they had any Oakley sunglasses in stock, Jolly Jack Parker informed me that he refused to stock them as Oakleys wouldn't let him discount them.