Pressure drive mini pump rrp£30
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... ezypumr240

Road drive rrp £38
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... ezypumr250
Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Both are for high pressure tyres. Road drive is a little longer which delivers more air per stroke. I belive RD only works on presta valves but the PD has a connection for Schrader and Presta. PD also comes in a Med. size so between the Mini PD and RD in length and air capacity.
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 694
    So pressure drive it is then. Want to attach it to frame

Thanks
    Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm
  • Cranky is right, I've got both and prefer the road drive mainly due to it's looks (longer and slimmer) also the pump has a seal between the handle and pump body which stops road muck getting in and has a slip fit as well as screw presta fitting which can be handy. Both fit to the frame under the bottle cages.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    The road drive is an incredible piece of kit and gets my recommendation.

Peter
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I have both too,(lg) with the road drive I can get above 100 psi quite easily, with the pressure drive about 80 psi, that's the difference. It is also thinner so doesn't stick out as much on the bike.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Pressure Drive for me as it clamps to the commuter but is small and light enough to comfortably fit in a jersey pocket for the Master. Guys that I have given it to use while in group runs have instantly praised it. Wonderful!
    The Road will undoubtably perform even better but I wanted one to fit in a pocket.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • northpole
    I'm a bit negative, you know, if something can go wrong it just might.... - I'd never consider carrying a pump in a back pocket on the grounds that should you come off, it could cause serious damage depending on how you fall. That's why I always clip the road drive onto the bracket which fixes to the bottle cage.

Peter
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    northpole wrote:
    I'm a bit negative, you know, if something can go wrong it just might....
    Just curious as I read comments like this fairly often.
    Has there been reports of injuries sustained due to items in jersey pockets that otherwise wouldn't have happened?
    Genuine question.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • northpole
    I haven't heard of anyone sustaining an injury from carrying a pump however, when you think about it, the pump is a rigid metal rod which is located in close proximity to the spine and kidneys. If you were to land on your back on a kerb/ bike frame/ other rigid object, the full force could be concentrated through the pump. This may seem unlikely however, a pal recently incurred a massive injury coming off at less than 5mph (not to his back). That was in September and he is only now able to contemplate physio work to allow him to return to work in a month or two's time.

Everyone has their own attitude towards risk - I merely fall towards the conservative end of the spectrum.

Peter
  • I'm almost certain the Road Drive is available in two sizes. You might want to check. I certainly recommend it. Light, powerful and reliable.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    northpole wrote:
    I'm a bit negative, you know, if something can go wrong it just might.... - I'd never consider carrying a pump in a back pocket on the grounds that should you come off, it could cause serious damage depending on how you fall. That's why I always clip the road drive onto the bracket which fixes to the bottle cage.

Peter

At least you won't be in breach of Rule #30 though (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#30) :wink: .
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I have the road drive.... Ace piece of kit, and the smaller one fits in my back pocket
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • lotus49 wrote:
    northpole wrote:

Peter

At least you won't be in breach of Rule #30 though (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#30) :wink: .

Yeah well mine is on my CX/Commuter so 'technically' I'm in the clear. CO2 on the road bike 8)