Blocking singletrack

13»

Comments

• bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Another thing I've found that helps, is removing heavily shaded or reflective glasses. I wear clear lenses now but I used to remove my shades when passing walkers and always got a good reception. It might have just been the kinds of walkers at the time. Who knows. I still do it anyway.
  • DodgeT wrote:
    Did a fairly long (timewise) ride in the peaks today. Lots of friendly people of all ages about. 2 or 3 older couples though were complete ignorant feckers, some wouldn't even look at you let alone return a cheery hello. Miserable old cnuts :)

Maybe they were roadies :wink:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Another thing I've found that helps, is removing heavily shaded or reflective glasses. I wear clear lenses now but I used to remove my shades when passing walkers and always got a good reception. It might have just been the kinds of walkers at the time. Who knows. I still do it anyway.

Never thought of that. I suppose we forget how weird we look to non MTBers. Sweaty or muddy loons wearing funny shaped and coloured clothing, rucksacks with what looks like a colostomy bag pipe to drink from, wearing funny hats with holes in appearing suddenly round a corner.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Gobs
    Gobs Posts: 296
    colostomy bag pipe

I wonder what sounds come out of that musical instrument :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Gobs wrote:
    colostomy bag pipe

I wonder what sounds come out of that musical instrument :lol:
    Can't be any worse than the ones that come out of standard bagpipes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools