Rapha rain jacket

vespario
vespario Posts: 228
edited December 2012 in Road buying advice
I know that Rapha kit is expensive but is it good to is it good to ride in?

Looking at the rain jacket or soft shell.

Anyone own and use?

Comments

• lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    I've never tried one, but just in case you don't know, there's a voucher code for the softshell jacket valid until 31 December. The code is CLASSICO.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    lc1981 wrote:
    I've never tried one, but just in case you don't know, there's a voucher code for the softshell jacket valid until 31 December. The code is CLASSICO.
    I have a fair bit if Rapha gear. It s indeed expensive, best bought on sale, but it is (mostly) superb. I have an older model softshell and I love it. Six years old now and still my go-to jacket.
  • Just back from another wet ride in my Rain Jacket and I was bone dry inside. Unlike many 'waterproof' jackets it's not boil in the bag. It's a great bit of kit.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Just back from another wet ride in my Rain Jacket and I was bone dry inside

Can`t quite find same with mine as with all breathable waterproofs they have a dual function of keeping rain out and transmitting sweat vapour. However I`ve used mine a lot recently and generally it functions well--but I`m not bone dry inside, damp instead---, it`a a really good cut--doesn`t flap about when riding, long sleeves , good cuffs and ticks all boxes for me. Red is good colour too
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I use the city wind jacket as an outer layer. It packs very small and is pretty water proof and breathable. Ive been out in zero temps layered up with that as my wind block. It kept me dry after an hour hammering along in torrential rain earlier this week.
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Thanks all for the replies. Will take the jump I think!
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    vespario wrote:
    Thanks all for the replies. Will take the jump I think!

You won't regret it. Genuinely fully waterproof and the lining makes it comfortable to wear against the skin so avoids that sweaty feeling.
  • Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    good jacket i love mine.