New Sky 2013 kit photo's

Comments

• As the AUTHOR of this post, my opinion matters the most:

Slightly disapointed :-(

It's a bit rubber fetish.....just imagine the gimp mask...oooh er mrs!!!
  • The national champs arm band looks weird with the blue arm band.

Agreed, looks better without the national champs armband.

ChrisFroome_2880377.jpg
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Eddie's national jersey looks nice. Will withhold judgement on the Sky kit until seen the back, sides, and worn by someone who weighs more than 5 stone. Wiggo's frame didn't exactly accentuate the old kit either.
  • The national champs arm band looks weird with the blue arm band.

ChrisFroome_2880377.jpg

That it does.

Although now all I can think of is Batman. All it needs now is a cape!

They can all hold each others' capes up the mountains. This will aid in the towing effect and prevent the cape getting caught in the back spokes/brakes etc. Marginal gains, marginal gains. I bet those pointy bat ears on Batman's helmet thing would be super-aero... :wink:

They could have done with this cape idea for Cav's train. I bet he's well gutted now.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I like it.

I would like to see the shorts though.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited January 2013
    I likey. It's clean, minimalist and classy. Agree that the Brit nat bands look a bit odd just on the one sleeve, but otherwise...

If you look at INRNG's twitter timeline, there's a pic with some of the guys training in Mallorca a couple of weeks ago, and one of the riders was definitely wearing Rapha shorts. Looked good.

I'll be gob-smacked if the back of the jersey's much different from the Addidas jersey - no incentive to change from either the recognition aspect or from the advantage in it being cooler for the rider.
  • Turfle
    This was in the other thread:

1050_10151337966121660_901349698_n.jpg

Looks much better there IMO.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,232

ChrisFroome_2880377.jpg

You'd have thought someone at Sky would have bought Fenton some triceps for Christmas - he won't be able to extend his arms in victory without them.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Turfle wrote:
    This was in the other thread:

1050_10151337966121660_901349698_n.jpg

Looks much better there IMO.
    Yeah Blue stripe still down back and the shorts look good!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Does look a lot better in a real life picture
  • It was never going to be radically different.the national champs band on one sleeve is not good, Froome's kit looks better. Surprised the blue armband wasn't yellow to celebrate Sir Brad's victory. Oh, wait that's been done already
  • The Thin Blue Line remains. There's a man with a tattoo who is pleased.

However, I'm not sure I like the shorts with just the one blue line around the bottom of the left leg, looks a bit odd. Like some sort of trendy thing about rolling up one trouser leg (except it would be the wrong one). Oh yes this is Rapha, silly me on the trendy accusation.

The shorts would have looked better all black IMHO.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • fuzzbear
    fuzzbear Posts: 112
    I like it. Not so different from the old kit & they've done away with the white back panel but kept the blue stripe.

Interesting to see what pricing will be like. It's not merino (thank god) so it might not be priced as high as the other Rapha stuff..
  • Dodgy copies on a certain auction site yet?
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    I like. Especially supercool in that photo with all the other pros. The sky rider just looks total class, the other jerseys just look a mish mash.

Also the new kit is one further step towards the full darth monty....
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    tremayne wrote:
    I like. Especially supercool in that photo with all the other pros. The sky rider just looks total class, the other jerseys just look a mish mash.

Also the new kit is one further step towards the full darth monty....

Those other riders are not pros. That picture looks like it was taken at a sportive/fun cycle (particularly in light of the wording on the banner)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    I also see that Cataldo has been on the growth hormones over Xmas ;-) http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291, ... 72,00.html
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    emadden wrote:
    I also see that Cataldo has been on the growth hormones over Xmas ;-) http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291, ... 72,00.html

Pinarello's are stronger than you think.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Turfle
    emadden wrote:

Whoa.

Also, Dombrowski put Boswell as his best friend, but Boswell put Ben King. Tension in the camp already.
  • Turfle wrote:
    emadden wrote:

Whoa.

Also, Dombrowski put Boswell as his best friend, but Boswell put Ben King. Tension in the camp already.

And Swifty names Adam Blythe as his best mate - treachery!
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    The national champs arm band looks weird with the blue arm band.

ChrisFroome_2880377.jpg

Has Brailsford signed them up to be UN peackeepers?
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,681
    Ah, beat me to it.
  • emadden
    Someone at Sky is reading this forum... Cataldo has had his height readjusted from 175m tall and he has also lost weight again... about 30,000kg
    www.dotcycling.com
  • I think Gabba Rasch and David Lopez were also over 17 metres tall and weighed in excess of 75000kgs...

Stannard was massive too...oh no, scrap that, he IS massive
  • emadden
    Just read that Sky's old adidas kit was actually produced by MOA... Apparently, the Rapha kit is also made by MOA.

Just pointing it out as Im sure the Rapha Sky kit will be twice the price of the adidas stuff.. :roll:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    emadden wrote:
    Just read that Sky's old adidas kit was actually produced by MOA... Apparently, the Rapha kit is also made by MOA.

Just pointing it out as Im sure the Rapha Sky kit will be twice the price of the adidas stuff.. :roll:[/quote]

Surely your not suggesting that Rapha are up their own arsis ? or has that one been done already 8)
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    MOA are a big manufacturer, Rapha don't actually make stuff unlike Santini/Giordana/Assos etc who still buy their fabrics from suppliers like MITI. Rapha 'just' design and then get the stuff made. No different to how a lot of products eg bikes are made. Someone in Italy designs the bike, it gets made in Taiwan/China and tested etc in Europe
    M.Rushton
  • I like the look of the new kit. I was expecting a more poncey effort from Rapha but it seems to have come out quite nicely. I'm sure there will be plenty of city boys and mammils flying around in the new kit!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Looks better when you can see the shorts, but generally meh.
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Think that with the shorts it is simple and classy looking. Reckon it will be a grower!