ordered new bike today..chuffed to bits

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited December 2012 in Road beginners
After much thinking and penny counting I went to the lbs today and cancelled the focus i had on order(which was an ali variado)and ordered a giant defy comp 2 which is carbon with sram fittings.This bike seems to suit what i really want in a bike so cant wait to get it.Also there is a life time garentee on the frame which is piece of mind.
The focus although a luvly bike and spec,being aluminium I just couldn,t get past the fact that i,d be thinking I should have got carbon and so thats taken care of.

just looking forward to getting it home now. :D
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• elderone wrote:
    I just couldn,t get past the fact that i,d be thinking I should have got carbon
    This is the thing... you don't want niggles, whether rational or not. I'm sure you've made the right choice.
    just looking forward to getting it home now. :D
    A 2013 I take it? When does it arrive?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • elderone
    Exactly right Chris,no niggles.Yes it arrives febuary,by which time the snow will be up here lol.
  • elderone wrote:
    Exactly right Chris,no niggles.Yes it arrives febuary,by which time the snow will be up here lol.
    That's an eternity!! I find that I take eons making a decision, but once I've made it, I want the thing right NOW :D
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Enjoy your new bike. But just remember carbon melts in the rain :wink:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • elderone
    elderone wrote:
    That's an eternity!! I find that I take eons making a decision, but once I've made it, I want the thing right NOW :D
    Yep im the same chris,but the weather helps with the wait..
  • elderone
    ademort wrote:
    Enjoy your new bike. But just remember carbon melts in the rain :wink:
    Ademort
    Well as i used to use carbon kayaks for competition and surfed in carbon kayaks as well and they didn,t melt Im beginning to think thats just a rumour lol :D
  • Yep and I fish with carbon ....... and everything is fine to date. I'd be very poor if those sticks melted every time they went in the water!
  • nawty
    nawty Posts: 225
    I went the other way.

In my budget I could have had a Cannondale SuperSIx 105 or the CAAD 10 Ultegra (basically same geometry just CF vs. Ali and obviously the different spec groupset) .

I went with the CAAD as I like the idea of being different and not jumping on a bandwagon just for the hell of it. Besides, the CAAD was sexy all-black :D
    Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight Tiagra
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I had a mate who always dreamed of being run over by a steam train. When it finally happened, he was chuffed to bits too.

Carry on everyone.