Should I buy these used Dura-Ace C24 wheels?

Kupepe
Kupepe Posts: 76
edited December 2012 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I got a really good price from a bike acquaintance for a 3 months used Dura-Ace C24 7900 Tubeless wheels.

My only concern is this mark on the aluminium part of the wheel.

I will check with the people of my LBS but I would like a first opinion in order to avoid the fuss of borrowing them getting them to the shop and back since it is some distance to return them to the owner

Thank you and merry Xmas

Comments

• andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    I would say the rim is fucked! Dangerous too! Walk away. There is a pair for sale on Ebay for £450 and they look perfect.
  • As andi1363 says. They've had it.
    Interviewer: ‘So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?’

Frank Zappa: ‘You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?”
  • paul1000
    paul1000 Posts: 190
    Three months use, he's having your pants down, stay well clear, they're well goosed.
  • 3 months??? some mate he is
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    All rims have a join and that's what that is. I don't know if what you're seeing is actually an issue as the photos aren't great.

How worn the rim is is also very hard to see so I'm not sure what the above posters are on about. Feel the rim for your self - is it concave?
    More problems but still living....
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    amaferanga wrote:
    All rims have a join and that's what that is. I don't know if what you're seeing is actually an issue as the photos aren't great.

How worn the rim is is also very hard to see so I'm not sure what the above posters are on about. Feel the rim for your self - is it concave?

I have a set of these for approx 1 year and they have done circa 10,000 miles and are perfect at the seams!
  • This is clearly a faulty rim, if it really is three months old. The original owner should get it replaced Under warranty and then sell you the wheels. Right now, given the cost of a spare rim, I would not touch them with a barge pole
    left the forum March 2023
  • That doesn't look like its a properly joined rim. May well be fake. Decent wheels like dura ace you will struggle to find the joint. Let alone finding it in this state...

End your friendship with him while u at it :p
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg