Comments

• querhoch
    querhoch Posts: 111
    i am and you didnt. to the rest, you owe me money or something
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    Pretty much this ^^^^^^
    I ride whatever's there. If I can't ride it fast I'll ride it slow. If I can't ride it at all I'll find a chicken run, or carry the bike, or find an alternative route.
    I don't just barrel down everything and hope for the best just because a sign says it's blue or red or purple or beige.
    I prefer natural Singletrack anyway, so normally there are no signs.
    Plus I'm a bit slow so if I hear screams up front I just slow down more.

I understand, and sorry for calling you a sod...

My problem is that I get frustrated with myself for not being good enough to do what others can do.

So as another example take Degla again, that 3ft drop on the freeride bit is something I haven't plucked up the courage to try, but that infuriates me, because I know that it should be easy as others can do it just fine.

Don't worry - that bit was true.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Pretty much this ^^^^^^
    I ride whatever's there. If I can't ride it fast I'll ride it slow. If I can't ride it at all I'll find a chicken run, or carry the bike, or find an alternative route.
    I don't just barrel down everything and hope for the best just because a sign says it's blue or red or purple or beige.
    I prefer natural Singletrack anyway, so normally there are no signs.
    Plus I'm a bit slow so if I hear screams up front I just slow down more.

I understand, and sorry for calling you a sod...

My problem is that I get frustrated with myself for not being good enough to do what others can do.

So as another example take Degla again, that 3ft drop on the freeride bit is something I haven't plucked up the courage to try, but that infuriates me, because I know that it should be easy as others can do it just fine.

Don't worry - that bit was true.

Oh so so true. :wink:
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    querhoch wrote:
    I think I might have invented mountain biking with a Grifter when I was about 12.

Unless you are in your mid forties I beat you too it on my Raleigh arena.

Ha, I mounted knobbly tyres as they were called back then on my 24" Malvern Star in 76.

Mountain Biking is riding a bike out in nature, thats the heart and soul of the sport right there.
    People like to define themselves however so now we have XC, Trail, All mountain, and Downhill, Downhill is easy to understand as is All mountain with its 6" travel bikes but XC and Trail get blured but I think anytime you are putting in the effort to get more out of the trail than just riding from point A to point B then you are trail riding.
    Its hard when we are bombarded with magazine pics of cool 5" travel bikes on sweet singletrack somewhere because that looks like hardcore trailriding but if you have the same background with a hardtail then it looks like XC riding, so for me I try to pop off rocks others merely ride by and find the hidden berm others dont see, That to me is trail riding whether its on the flat or the side of a hill.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play