Demo day @ cannock chase 2013 ?

cpk1
cpk1 Posts: 175
edited December 2012 in MTB general
Hi does anyone know if the demo days are back in 2013 for MTB (cannock chase), if so where would i find details.
Thanks
Trail bike: Kona Coiler 06, Rockshox domain 318is, juicy 7s, sun rims s-type.
Commute bike: Dawes Watoga.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Keep an eye on the Swinnerton's website.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    The one I went to last year was run by Leisure Lakes bike shop. worth giving them a call / email seeing if they are doing it again next year.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Leisure Lakes demo day at Cannock is March 3rd
  • cpk1
    cpk1 Posts: 175
    Thanks for the replies
    Trail bike: Kona Coiler 06, Rockshox domain 318is, juicy 7s, sun rims s-type.
    Commute bike: Dawes Watoga.
  • Do you just turn up and ride expensive bikes around the trails for free? Is that what happens or am I misguided...

Thanks
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Exact details vary depending on who's running it. But usually you need to pre-register and bring some photo ID and bank statement etc. Some might ask to pay a refundable deposit.

I think the pre-register bit is to only ensure you get the bike you want. When I went to the Leisure Lakes one last year a few people just turned up with ID and rode what ever bikes they had spare.