miss.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited December 2012
    Vino contemplates the winning move....
  • yep, usual anachronism
  • Vino contemplates the winning move....

But will he have to pay €100,000 to come 1st?
  • Same Pros that Berlusconi invited to his parties?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    How did you get a photo from our club AGM?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,707
    FF - I thought we agreed no pictures from the latest Pro-race meet up?
  • woody1545 wrote:
    Vino contemplates the winning move....

But will he have to pay €100,000 to come 1st?

:lol: Indeed.
  • ciclismoitalia-3.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    It may be bad lighting but that looks suspiciously like a five o'clock shadow. Did Vino buy her a drink?
  • And was it a cherry-cola, lo-lo-lo-lo Lola...
  • Bit sad really.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Bit sad really.

Yes, unless you were there.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Bit sad really.

Yes, unless you were there.

Yes, unless she was sitting on your face.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • 2013 winner:
    Miss-Ciclismo-2013-Melissa-Meduri.jpg
    Miss-Ciclismo-2013-Meduri-Melissa.jpg

(fyi, its been going since 2005)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    yep, usual anachronism

Agreed.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • yep, usual anachronism

Perhaps this is more to your taste. :lol:

phpWVgiw5AM.jpg
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • Bit sad really.

You will love this. :wink::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg_35geEryM
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • yep, usual anachronism

Perhaps this is more to your taste. :lol:

phpWVgiw5AM.jpg

Elvis impersonators have never been my thing
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Bit sad really.

You will love this. :wink::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg_35geEryM

:shock:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    FF - I thought we agreed no pictures from the latest Pro-race meet up?

How would you know? :wink:
  • I'm not a fan of these sort of locker room threads.

Aren't we trying to move on from male cyclists and females as podium fodder?

Cookson had just appointed a women's representative on the management committee and the promotion of women's racing was part of his manifesto.

I know it's satire but I think this sort of 'nudge nudge wink wink' does nothing for the forum.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Completely classless, distasteful event.
  • BenderRodriguez
    BenderRodriguez Posts: 907
    edited December 2013
    sjmclean wrote:
    Completely classless, distasteful event.

I would say that is pretty insulting to the girls who took part, they looked to have plenty of class to me.

Seriously though, I fail to see how an event like this does anything to undermine the promotion of women's cycling.

Also, if a woman wants to take part in such an event, who are we to stand in judgement? And who is actually being 'exploited' here'? Seems to me that it is not the women who chose to take part, especially seeing that they were probably well rewarded. It was much the same story when Victoria Pendleton posed for that 'Lad's mag'. It was her choice. She was was one one who was paid and doubtless she felt pretty 'empowered' by the experience as well. Meanwhile it was the buyers of the magazine who were ultimately being exploited as they handed over their cash to buy the thing!

Doubtless someone will be claiming next that women find it demeaning to be regarded as a 'sex object'. In reality there is only one thing most women hate more than been seen as a 'sex object' and that is not been seen as a sex object, in the sense of being sexually desirable, hence the huge amount to time, care and money most spend on flattering clothing, hair styling and so forth. (And it isn't that much different for men, other than for those who don't mind everyone thinking that they look like a slob.)

Perhaps the true misogynists here are those who feel threatened by women such as this reveling in the power their sexuality gives them over men. OK, so girls like this wouldn't look twice at you. Get over it!
  • Same Pros that Berlusconi invited to his parties?

So in your book any woman who uses her sexuality is a prostitute? How about Vicky P?
  • You raise some interesting points. I more referred to the way the event was portrayed on this forum.

"Sitting on my face" comments do nothing to suggest this forum is open and welcome to all.

Thoughts?

We also want the public to believe the sport has moved on. If we've moved on from doping then we should also move on from that it's a male only sport.

Although unrelated throw in Wiggins comments at the recent charity event and cycling is more prehistoric than 1970's football.
  • You raise some interesting points. I more referred to the way the event was portrayed on this forum. "Sitting on my face" comments do nothing to suggest this forum is open and welcome to all.

I agree, it made me cringe as well. :oops:
    throw in Wiggins comments at the recent charity event and cycling is more prehistoric than 1970's football.

Can you give a link, or summarise what he said?
  • Pross
    sjmclean wrote:
    Completely classless, distasteful

Yes, but to be fair I agree with WBT in this instance :wink:

Agreed though, I like admiring the female form as much as the next (heterosexual) man but this sort of thing died out in most places in the 70s. Even the Contractors I deal with stopped dishing out calendars of semi-dressed women sprawled over some construction related product about 20 years ago. It seems cycling and motorsport are the last bastions of this kind of thing.
  • Pross wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

Agreed though, I like admiring the female form as much as the next (heterosexual) man but this sort of thing died out in most places in the 70s. Even the Contractors I deal with stopped dishing out calendars of semi-dressed women sprawled over some construction related product about 20 years ago. It seems cycling and motorsport are the last bastions of this kind of thing.

Worth reading this article.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/24554568

Also from a women's perspective turning up to a group ride with 25 men and 3 women is daunting.

When I was in Spain I really enjoyed riding with females. They generally climb a lot faster and was a lot of fun.

Also think if women trying to get into the sport and comes across this forum. Any newbie wants to learn as much as fast as possible. Not see a bunch of guys crassly objectifying their bodies.

Something to think about on the next group ride.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

Worth reading this article.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/24554568

Also from a women's perspective turning up to a group ride with 25 men and 3 women is daunting.

When I was in Spain I really enjoyed riding with females. They generally climb a lot faster and was a lot of fun.

Also think if women trying to get into the sport and comes across this forum. Any newbie wants to learn as much as fast as possible. Not see a bunch of guys crassly objectifying their bodies.

Something to think about on the next group ride.

Not sure why you quoted me and then posted that, I'm agreeing with you :?
  • Any newbie wants to learn as much as fast as possible. Not see a bunch of guys crassly objectifying their bodies.

And women don't 'objectify' the male body? In fact women are often more blatant about this than men. One 'ex' of mine used to delight in grabbing the backsides of the male pros when we visited the tour. She freely admitted that 'given them a push' was pretty much the last thing on her mind. :lol: