Jockey rollers fury shocker latest

Kerguelen
Kerguelen Posts: 248
edited November 2012 in Workshop
Don't make the same mistake with your rear mech as I did, which is to put the jockey rollers back in the wrong way round after cleaning them.

The one with more horizontal play goes at the top. Wish I'd known that before spending several days in apoplectic fury at my drivetrain's inability to stay in gear.

Hopefully, from now on everyone between Glasgow and home will be spared the 'clunk clunk rattle chatter clunk WHY THE **** WON'T YOU STAY IN ****ING GEAR YOU ****' that has accompanied my travels.

Comments

• MTBUK
    MTBUK Posts: 146
    neither of my X0 jockey wheels have 'horizontal play' ...... and still work bang on.... :S
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • MTBUK wrote:
    neither of my X0 jockey wheels have 'horizontal play' ...... and still work bang on.... :S

Interesting, I run an Apex and the swap definitely fixed the problem. Maybe the X0 is so naturally awesome it doesn't need any help indexing. :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    some have "upper" and "lower" marked on them, some don't, it varies by model
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod wrote:
    some have "upper" and "lower" marked on them, some don't, it varies by model

I remember seeing that on Shimano mechs when I were a young lad. Can't remember seeing it on the SRAM ones. Anyway, turn out the mech needs replacing now because I crashed last night and bent it.