New wheels finally...

Crispyapp
Crispyapp Posts: 344
edited November 2012 in Road buying advice
Am pleased that after a month of looking and many posts later I've finally decided on my new wheels.... In the end I've gone for a pair Fulcrum Racing Zero Black Label Edition 2013. Found them for a cracking price online so couldn't resist, and after reading all the sterling reviews for them online I was confident with my choice. I've never ridden Fulcrum but the general consensus was there better than Mavic.

If you reading this and have a pair yourself, let me know what you think of them, would be great to hear your views.
Look 595 ultra - F+F for sale.....
Cervelo r5
Kinesis T2 2013 winter bike
Merida Carbon 1500 flx MTB

Comments

• ba68
    ba68 Posts: 156
    How much did you get them for and from where?
  • I paid £596. Bike discount. Cheapest by a mile....
    Cervelo r5
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Nice. They are on my shortlist, but I'm stRuggling to see past Wheelsmith Race 23's
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    Nice. They are on my shortlist, but I'm stRuggling to see past Wheelsmith Race 23's

And rightly so... why should you?
    left the forum March 2023
  • Beatmaker wrote:

Yep they were on my short list and it was between the 2. But I was put off with the wear marks on the side of the rim, I know it's trivial but I didn't fancy the wear marks... There a great set of wheels and who knows in a few yrs ill probably have a pair myself.
    Cervelo r5
  • I have had them for 6 months and am very happy. They are very stiff and feel strong. They are light and spin really really well. I took ages deliberating on which wheels to buy. I narrowed it down to dura ace c24s, zeros and ksyrium slr. I am happy with my choice, although i am sure i would also have been happy with the others. For me there was a hairs breadth between them.
    I've hit some nasty potholes and they've remained perfect. So far so good.
  • mjbennett wrote:
    I have had them for 6 months and am very happy. They are very stiff and feel strong. They are light and spin really really well. I took ages deliberating on which wheels to buy. I narrowed it down to dura ace c24s, zeros and ksyrium slr. I am happy with my choice, although i am sure i would also have been happy with the others. For me there was a hairs breadth between them.
    I've hit some nasty potholes and they've remained perfect. So far so good.

Ice 1 good to hear. This seem to be the overall review everyone gives them, I also considered the slr, but the zero won in the end. Can't wait for them to arrive, and even more so to get them on the new build and ridden
    Cervelo r5