Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    morstar said:

Cosmetic surgery for non-reconstructive purposes.
    What the hell is it with these lips that are as fat as two cucumbers?
    They looking censored horrible.

Coupled with strangely coloured hair and tattoos that border on disfigurement is not a good look.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

morstar said:

Coupled with strangely coloured hair and tattoos that border on disfigurement is not a good look.
    I think it's a genuine shame that it has become normalised. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but I see many clearly attractive women who are ruining their looks imho. God only knows what long term messes they're making.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,451

morstar said:

Plus the ridiculous fake eyelashes - they genuinely make me feel a bit queasy when I see them. Agree that it is often people who are naturally quite attractive making themselves look worse, it seems utterly bizarre to spend thousands on your appearance to look worse than when you started!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Another way of self harming.
  • ballysmate
    Not seen any woman whose looks have been improved by having a tattoo. 100% the reverse in fact.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,553
    Use of fahrenheit and feet (for distances and altitude) by anyone not from the US or over the age of 80.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415

Use of fahrenheit and feet (for distances and altitude) by anyone not from the US or over the age of 80.

How about miles for distances and pints for drink volume?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    Stevo_666 said:

'Just popping out for a quick 0.568 of a litre love'

• TheBigBean
    Stevo_666 said:

They don't annoy me.
  • Stevo_666
    joe2019 said:

Stevo_666 said:

'Just popping out for a quick 0.568 of a litre love'

The Proclaimers would never have had a hit with '804 kilometres'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    '643.738 kilometres on fields of fire'
  • ballysmate
    Nobody wants to put their 30.48cms in it do they?
  • ballysmate
    edited August 2020
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/08/entertainment/looney-tunes-reboot-guns-trnd/index.html

Yosemite Sam has had his pistols taken off him and Elmer can't hunt wabbit with a gun.

• Stevo_666 said:

They don't annoy me.
    is using fahrenheit for very hot temps and celcius for cold temps worse?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    This poxy fly which keeps landing on me and is too fast to swipe.
  • Pross

Stevo_666 said:

They don't annoy me.
    I know roughly where I am when summer temperatures are given in fahrenheit but don't have a clue once we get into winter temperatures. I actually checked the other day to find out where the 'common' point was (-40 I believe).
  • TheBigBean

Stevo_666 said:

They don't annoy me.
    Equally annoying, but only half the time, so better overall.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    orraloon said:

This poxy fly which keeps landing on me and is too fast to swipe.

It's a sheep's 4rse fly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

They don't annoy me.
    I know roughly where I am when summer temperatures are given in fahrenheit but don't have a clue once we get into winter temperatures. I actually checked the other day to find out where the 'common' point was (-40 I believe).
    Catches me out every year when a yank says it is very cold, just below zero.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Actually a pleasant sunny day here in Scotland - must be somewhere over 290K outside.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    While watching the Eurosport (Mont Ventoux, good race) on this weekday afternoon, the sheer number of dodgy, borderline scammy adverts. Target audience? 🤔 let me think...

Particular example one from a well dodgy outfit called 'The London Mint Office' in a rather stiff upper Brit tone saying 'this is an official announcement from...' from a company which makes and markets their own (valueless) commemorative coins and suchlike shite. Zero to do with the Royal Mint but how many thicko lardy telly addicts get mugged?
  • parryman
    parryman Posts: 153
    Massive televisions.

If you _need_ a 70" TV in your lounge, you actually need to look in the mirror and have a word with yourself.
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    edited August 2020
    parryman said:

Massive televisions.

If you _need_ a 70" TV in your lounge, you actually need to look in the mirror and have a word with yourself.

I don't care how big someone's tele is but it does seem to be a truism that the least likely you are able to afford and then accommodate a massive tv in your house, the more likely you are to have one, probably on HP from Brighthouse or a catalogue.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,720
    parryman said:

Massive televisions.

It's an odd one. I was recently helping an elderly neighbour with his power supply bills as it is easier to do online and he doesn't use computing of any sort.
    Anyway, while sat down on my laptop I noticed that the field of view on my laptop was bigger than on his @60-70" screen.
    Saved me a fortune in not having to buy an oversized TV. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,539
    Inverse snobbery over TV sizes annoys me.

My wife thinks like you lot so I’m stuck with a TV too small
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    The Man Utd fan on my Facebook list who keeps gloating at Liverpool.
    I think he has missed something quite important.
    Also, not sure what level of ‘banter’ is common within football circles (I can hazard a guess mind) but it really does come across as very bitter.

• Pross
    The way packs of cleaning wipes seem to be designed so you can't take out an individual wipe and end up with a clump of them you don't need and have to push back into the pack.

Also, I haven't used my car for nearly two weeks so the wife has used it. I need it today and was informed I'd need fuel. Having just started it up it's lucky I have a petrol station within a couple of hundred metres!
  • TheBigBean

Inverse snobbery over TV sizes annoys me.

My wife thinks like you lot so I’m stuck with a TV too small

I really miss mine. It had an accident involving my toddler and a remote control.

Plus, you can't buy plasma any more, OLED costs lots and LCD is worse.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,539
    Pross said:

The way packs of cleaning wipes seem to be designed so you can't take out an individual wipe and end up with a clump of them you don't need and have to push back into the pack.

So much yes. Especially when the poo is going everywhere and the little one decides to scratch her bum the second the overfull nappy is opened.
  • Stevo_666
    People who can't be bothered to sit a bit closer to their telly.