Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,737
    slowbike said:

What are you using for a disc? Angle grinder discs?

That's the difference between city stop/start commuting and country/mtb riding. In my experience.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    pblakeney said:

slowbike said:

What are you using for a disc? Angle grinder discs?

That's the difference between city stop/start commuting and country/mtb riding. In my experience.
    Yep, I hardly brake.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    'Is everything OK with your meal?' the second you have your first mouthful.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    we need to boycott skimmed milk ... and red kettles ... and red spotty ties ... and white shirts ...

and whats with the locks on the cupboard doors? Can't they trust anyone?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    slowbike said:

Tories. Extremist clique nutjob Tories and their wannabe sycophants. So too right they don't trust anyone including themselves.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    The view up at Glenshee this morning
    (and I'm stuck here at work)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Leftietwats, innit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

slowbike said:

Tories. Extremist clique nutjob Tories and their wannabe sycophants. So too right they don't trust anyone including themselves.
    I often marvel at what Looney tries to blame on Tories and Brexiteers. But that for one of the other threads :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    and presumably no-one told those particular stupid folk he uses twitter as well...
  • Stevo_666
    awavey said:

and presumably no-one told those particular stupid folk he uses twitter as well...
    :D

Lefties in low IQ shocker.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,624
    Sitting opposite another commuter gnawing away at her fingernails as though she hasn't eaten in a few days 🤮
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    rjsterry said:

Sitting opposite another commuter gnawing away at her fingernails as though she hasn't eaten in a few days 🤮

I generally like commuting by train providing it isn't to crowded but one of the downsides is it's incredible the disgusting habits people have without apparently realising. Also, the number of people who think it's acceptable to eat garlic the night before travelling on a crowded commuter train (or for lunch judging by the smell coming off the woman who sat next to me on Wednesday).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,585
    Shout out to the guy who was practicing lock picking next to me last night.

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,569
    The US electoral system. In particular the primaries. The UK is probably still flooded with a killer virus on its way and all the news is about the early round voting in selecting a candidate for the US election.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,737
    I wonder if the American news was flooded with the UK election. By wonder, I mean I know that they weren’t. 😉
    In any case, it is probably due to them being our next leader. 🤡
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,569
    pblakeney said:

I wonder if the American news was flooded with the UK election. By wonder, I mean I know that they weren’t. 😉

I assumed they were currently reporting on the labour leadership contest with all its gripping turns of irrelevance.
  • rick_chasey
    pblakeney said:

Dutch news regularly puts the politics of European and US first in the running order.

The UK is very parochial with its news, with the exception of US news.
  • Stevo_666

pblakeney said:

Dutch news regularly puts the politics of European and US first in the running order.

The UK is very parochial with its news, with the exception of US news.
    Probably depends how much local political news there is/how interesting it is. A bit like countries that have rubbish TV programmes import foreign tv.
  • rjsterry
    edited March 2020
    Seeing as the Dutch parliament is teetering on the edge of not ratifying CETA you'd think that would be of interest. Surprised you've not been crowing about it Stevo.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

The view up at Glenshee this morning
    (and I'm stuck here at work)

Well, I've never worked at a ski area before but do love skiing. It would seem that there are worse places to have to work.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Need to replace gear cable. Go to box of bits, no spare cables.
    Annoyed with myself for not noticing last time and not buying some in advance.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    other than the world seems to be going to hell in a handcart of hysteria at the moment, I believe the UK news focusses alot on the US presidential elections, largely because we send so many reporters over to cover it,partly I think to guarantee they get on the main journalist team that then follows the main candidates around during the actual campaign (Journeys with George is a very good look at that process), so its sort of self fulfilling really
  • rick_chasey
    All the march bike races being cancelled
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    This fashion thing with ripped jeans / trousers / leggings. Kids eh? But not when the person with the raggedy leggies is some overweight 40-ish wumman who should have more sense.

(Bring it on snowflakes... Iz u offended?)
  • rick_chasey
    orraloon said:

This fashion thing with ripped jeans / trousers / leggings. Kids eh? But not when the person with the raggedy leggies is some overweight 40-ish wumman who should have more sense.

No but you seem to be by someone wearing jeans?

What do you look like?
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    orraloon said:

Now this is an interesting one.
    I tend to find it a bit odd when an older person follows all the latest trends but conversely, I find older people still stuck in the fashion of their youth quite difficult to accept.
    I can’t decide if they should be admired for doing their thing or pitied for being a bit sad.
    Ultimately, it has to be each to their own I guess.
    Personally, my attire is functional, bland and anonymous which I’m sure annoys the more fashion conscious.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866

Flybe going bust.

surely good for the environment.

Any of the routes which are financially viable will be snapped up by other airlines
  • rjsterry

Flybe going bust.

surely good for the environment.

Any of the routes which are financially viable will be snapped up by other airlines
    Will also reveal some of the inadequacies of cross country rail travel.
    Pinnacle Monzonite